I've Had A Lot Of Mistakes And IDK Why

by Deathstarkille

Original Post

I've Had A Lot Of Mistakes And IDK Why

★ Novice

I was playing my sims game as usual, when many different problems arose. First, my sim had gone of to his astronaut job as usual when instead of coming home at 5 pm like he was supposed to, he continued to work till about 8 am the next morning, only returning home after I had momentarily paused the game,  being at his job for almost 24 hours straight. At around the same time, his husband also went to work and didn't come back about five hours his husband return, again, only once I paused the game for a little bit. 

About a day later, my sim was going into space several times in his rocket ship. It was mostly normal, he went on a mission where he hurt himself and was attacked by a cougar-like, or other big animal. He comes home, and I noticed that he had an unhappy moodlet because it was dirty outside, as well as a moodlet that he was going to wilt away very soon, as he is a plant sim and was lacking in sufficient sunlight. My sim goes ahead and absorbs solar radiation from the nearest cowplant friend, Sweetie, and then the cowplant goes and disappears into the ground, back as a little seedling, as if I had just planted her. 

Next, I go ahead and buy another outdoor garbage can to help with the messiness issue, and that's when everything goes wrong. The husband sim goes to work, only his person is still on the lot, then he comes back about two hours later, long before he should have been home from work. He gets a promotion, hooray, but that's when the next big problem arises. It seems as there is a time skip of sorts, though no in-game time seems to have passed. My other five cowplants up and die, though they were all well fed, and the baby that my sim and his husband had adopted suddenly disappeared, even though the baby was taken well care of by not only his parents and his "uncle", but there was somehow two different nannies at the house almost around the clock, usually at the same time, and there was a notification about it, though it did not actually pop up to inform me. 

Upon further examination of my game (I paused it the instant I discovered the dead cow plants), I discovered that the husband sim appeared to be asleep, though he is just standing in front of his house on the sidewalk, rubbing his neck. His husband seemed to be awake and grieving the loss of his baby, but he was actually asleep in his bed. The toddler too seems to be asleep, but she is in fact, talking to the nanny, with four sad moodlets, one sleep moodlet, one happy moodlet, and one mad one, though just before the 'time-skip' she was just fine. The toddler also had a great myriad of actions lined up ready to go, including two for eating peas and one for using her diaper. 

I am quite sad at what has happened, especially to my cowplants, I really enjoyed hanging out with them. Does anyone know what everything happened? Screenshot of my game, including the 5 dead cowplants, included 

Message 1 of 4 (300 Views)

Re: I've Had A Lot Of Mistakes And IDK Why

★ Novice

yeah, i know the post is very straightforward and seemingly emotionless, i get weird when i'm really sad. but yeah, i'm not happy at what happened, and it really sucks that everything just suddenly...flopped Frown  

Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Deathstarkille 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)

★ Novice

I don't actually have anything at all in my mods folder. It's just as blank as it was the day that I got it. Would that make a difference? 

Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)