Re: I updated the latest Patch April 16-No New Content

by Trixxibella

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I updated the latest Patch April 16-No New Content

★★★★ Novice

I just updated the latest patch for April 16th through Origin auto update.  When I go to Patch Notes, the latest is from Feb.  Then I searched and found the update information elsewhere.  Unfortunately none of the new content shows nor the new Freelance career.  

I rebooted and tried again but nothing changed. 

I also followed the instructions to delete the .txt.

Any suggestions?  

thanks

Trixie

Message 1 of 6 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

It sounds like your installed version is correct, but the link for the patch notes was not updated. (You can double-check this as well by going into your Sims folder and checking the GameVersion.txt file; it should reflect the most recent patch.)

If your version on the title page is showing the most updated version, you should be in good shape; sounds like the patch notes page just needs a look at.

Hopefully EA/Maxis is aware of the issue.

- B

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (411 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Also just checked the patch number on the opening page of the game.  It is latest version patch number, and when I click on it - it goes to Sims Update page but the latest update is for February.  Looks like they are not properly linked.  

Message 2 of 6 (415 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

It sounds like your installed version is correct, but the link for the patch notes was not updated. (You can double-check this as well by going into your Sims folder and checking the GameVersion.txt file; it should reflect the most recent patch.)

If your version on the title page is showing the most updated version, you should be in good shape; sounds like the patch notes page just needs a look at.

Hopefully EA/Maxis is aware of the issue.

- B

Message 3 of 6 (412 Views)

Hero

Hi @Trixxibella 

if none of the content shows up, I would start by trying to repair the game through Origin.

Right-click in the game and choose repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you it worked!  

Message 5 of 6 (370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the help.  Once I deleted the original game.txt (twice) everything show up. Phew! :D 

Message 6 of 6 (369 Views)