I updated my game and now i cant do anything except CAS.

by hopestyles1

Original Post

I updated my game and now i cant do anything except CAS.

★★ Novice

I recently updated my game for the first time since October and if I make a sim in CAS when I move them into a house it just keeps loading and I cant even get into the house to play.

Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)

Re: I updated my game and now i cant do anything except CAS.

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @hopestyles1!
Are you using any mods or cc in your game?

Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

If you don't have any mods, please try to repair the game in Origin, and if that still doesn't help you, please post a dxdiag!

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Merry Christmas!

Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

★★ Novice

I downloaded the mod conflict detector and deleted things that weren't working but now its saying that I cant play the game because game files are missing to repair the game. I did that and it still isn't working. Frown

I'm praying I don't have to uninstall and reinstall.

Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@hopestyles1Deleting mods should not cause any damage to the game unless you've been editing things in the games program folder.

Please explain what error message you're getting (post a picture or error code) and when. Standard smile

Did the game work when you tried to start it without any mods at all?

Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)