Re: I tried moving sims 4 into a hard drive and now it wont work

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

I tried moving sims 4 into a hard drive and now it wont work

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to move sims 4 in origin onto an external hard drive but it wont work I've moved the game location and everything then I decided to undo everything and return it to its original location and now sims 4 wont even work/download im super bummed and really need the space sims 4 takes up onto a hard drive.

Message 1 of 4 (248 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@sashyprincess 

Exactly how did you move it and what error messages do you get?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I first uninstalled Sims and then changed the game location to a separate folder on my hard drive when I tried to install it again it was on the download page but I left it for an hour and it never changed. I then used someone elses suggestion to move the sims file from my laptop to the hard drive so I did that and then it went to verifying game files for an hour but not changing. I cleared caches and uninstalled and reinstalled origin I feel like i've tried everything. Even changing it all back to the original settings hasn't worked and I fear I played around to much.

Message 3 of 4 (186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@jpkarlsen Thank you

Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)