I refreshed my laptop in 2020

by MaverickHawk5

Original Post

Re: I refreshed my laptop in 2020

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The .ebc still didn't work! It's only the EA store content, which I reinstalled so many darn times with launcher! I HAVE THE SIMS3PACKAGES! 

@puzzlezaddict 

Message 31 of 41 (502 Views)

@MaverickHawk5  Are you saying that even installing one store item into a clean folder doesn't work?  Try downloading through Firefox or Internet Explorer (if you're using one, try the other one).  Part of the point of the clean folder is to avoid the possibility of a corrupt .dbc or .ebc file not accepting any more downloads.  If you don't have any installed content in the clean folder, you don't have any corrupt files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 32 of 41 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Ok all the third-party content works by making a Mods/DCCache folder and placing the .dbc files from DCCache in there. So trying to get the .ebc to work.

What I really didn't do is uninstall the EA Store content (.ebc)(Sims3Pack) and then reinstall, because I was concerned that the EA Store content (Sims3Pack) will be erased from my computer in the downloads folder area of MyDocuments\Electronic Arts.

I clicked install to reinstall without uninstalling on the sims launcher.

So yes I wasn't thinking forward to try that. I have backup on my external drive *facepalm* on my part. Now after fully uninstalling-reinstalling those EA-Store content to work properly and doesn't work, I will complain to EA!

Though, what I'm not sure is that the EA-Store content only works on one machine? Probably? If that's the case, I don't know where to go for that? It's been awhile. Might need the EA Download Manager after all to re-download the EA-Store content?

Message 33 of 41 (445 Views)

@MaverickHawk5  Please clarify whether you've test-installed a store item in a clean user data folder with nothing else added to that folder.  As in, move your Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and don't add anything to it at all.  Then go to the Sims 3 Store site, sign in, download one item, and install it through the launcher.  If this doesn't work, trash the new Sims 3 folder, create another new one, and use a different browser to download: Firefox and Internet Explorer are your best bets.

Message 34 of 41 (411 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  I really think just uninstalling the EA Store content, then copying over the backup (sims3pack) EA store content from my external drive to the MyDocuments\Electronic Arts\Downloads will do the trick.

I'll get it to work with EA support, if all else fails.

I appreciate your time efforts to help this community, even though I figured out some on my own. I'll keep you in mind for assistance, if I need it for the future. 

At least I got all the exchange (third-party content) to work by making a Mods\DCCache folder and putting the .dbc in there. 

The other third-party is just packages in the Mods\Packages folder, which is working also.

I just had a hard time getting the .dbc and .ebc to work. I should be able to get the .ebc working. 

Message 35 of 41 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict UPDATE!!!!

I stand completely out of my mind! 😡The .ebc or EA Store content will not work in game! 

I deleted the .ebc from DCCache folder. Literally downloaded every EA Store content from the Sim3 website that I have purchased and installed one by one! 

Nothing is working for EA Store Content! 

Solution is only solved for third-party content (.dbc). 

Lots of other people are also having this problem! 

Message 36 of 41 (357 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok since I deleted the dcbackup. All I have is new package files from the .ebc installed in there. I'm tired of messing with this! Just drop the .packages into the Mods Folder. If it doesn't work, I'll be extremely 😡!

Message 37 of 41 (348 Views)

★ Apprentice

Worth the try. Though why won't EA Store content work?! I'm so puzzled by this and really 😡!

Message 38 of 41 (330 Views)

@MaverickHawk5  Just to clarify, have you tried to install one store item into a completely clean user data folder?  As in, one that is newly created and has no custom content, no mods, no saves or anything else in it?  Please try this now, using Firefox or Internet Explorer to download, and let me know whether it works.

I know I must sound like a broken record, but there's a reason I keep asking.  Please try just this, with no other files present.

Message 39 of 41 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I've seen that installing the (.ebc) or EA Store content in batches of 204,800KB or 270,000KB and never over. So going to try.

Now why? On last computer state, everything was fine and dandy. I clearly don't understand why this happens?! Makes me think why it worked over 204,000KB or 270,000KB before and not now with new refreshed computer state? 

I actually got EA Store content to show up once trying to reinstall everything, so I decided to save. Though next start up of game, all EA Store content vanished! 

All third-party (.dbc) content works over so many KBs in a Mods DCCache folder. Why can't EA Store content be this way and work to recognize over so many KBs? Whoever messed this up should be shamed?! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Simply an inconvenience! 

Message 40 of 41 (277 Views)