Re: I purchased expansion packs and cannot download them to the limited edition

by 5916sims4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I purchased expansion packs and cannot download them to the limited edition now?

★★★ Newbie

I haven't been on Origin in a while, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered already. Like I mentioned, I have not been on in a while and I was super excited to hop back on the Sims 4, only to find out that when I downloaded the game, I was not able to download my PREVIOUSLY purchased expansion packs because I have the limited edition of the sims 4 apparently. I have played this version of the sims with the same expansion packs in the past, why did they change this and is this happening to everyone else? I'm assuming it is. I'm very upset by it because it just shows that they want me to spend more money and I don't feel like I should spend my money to play something that I've already purchased!

Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@5916sims4  That shouldn't be the case: your packs should work with any version of Sims 4, and there's nothing inherently limiting about the "Limited Edition."  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, please take a screenshot of the error and attach it to a reply.  I'd like to ask around about this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

All Replies

@5916sims4  Do you have the Limited Edition, which was a special edition offered back when the game was released, or the Legacy Edition?  If you're not sure, please load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look for the version number along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Please also let me know which packs are missing, and what it says in Origin under the packs, e.g. Download or Installed.

Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict yes I have the limited edition. It shows that I still own the cats and dogs and city living, I am just not able to download them because it says its not compatible with the limited edition, even though it was about six months ago.
Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]

@5916sims4  That shouldn't be the case: your packs should work with any version of Sims 4, and there's nothing inherently limiting about the "Limited Edition."  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, please take a screenshot of the error and attach it to a reply.  I'd like to ask around about this issue.

Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict oh my gosh, thank you so much, that worked! I am so relieved! I thought I was going to have to buy the game again or something!
Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)