Re: I own sims 4 but it wants me to renew ea membership?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

I own sims 4 but it wants me to renew ea membership?

★★★ Newbie

I bought sims 4 years ago and have over 6000 hours in the game and multiple packs but when i booted up origin today is says i have to reenew my ea membership to play the game?? have i missed something? do i have to pay to play a game i already payed for?

Message 1 of 8 (1,908 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@StarW0lf001 

Apparently you had an EA play membership. When this ends it can happen that games you had before disappears from your Game Library. You need to contact Support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=technical-support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (1,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem today and they told me that this is a ''current issue'' and the team is working on it... but it's been almost a year 

Message 3 of 8 (1,228 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BABOUINGAMING do you own the base version of the game or have it through EA Play?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I do, i bought it in 2020 (Digital Deluxe edition)

Message 5 of 8 (1,097 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@StarW0lf001  A while back my Sims 4 deluxe turned into a bundle with dine out (not sure but I think this happened when I tried the beta EA app). Recently the EA app does not include the bundle with the base game and Dine Out. Then Dine Out got deleted (I never bought Dine Out) but left the base game (I think it was just the generic version as I was already an EA Plat member). As the base game is free right now all I had to do was purchase Dine Out to restore the game to where it was. I didn't like the idea of trying to explain this confusion to an EA game counselor. I think if you do the EA play thing the base game is free to play (WHILE you are a member?). i think the problem is if you own the base game but if you HAD a membership the game turned into a member install. I think the owned and the free version (EA Play?)  are different. The game icon should still be in your library if you own the game so all you have to do is install the owned version or renew your membership. I'm not too crazy about this pay to play because I'm in the building trades profession and when times are tough the work gets tight. Right now my game logs me in and seems to play right.

Message 6 of 8 (1,085 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BABOUINGAMING My base game deluxe version turned into a bundle with Dine Out when I was using the EA app beta version. At that time I did not own Dine Out. Then when the EA app went live I got a message that said my bundle was not included in EA Play. Dine Out was removed but the base game stayed. All I had to do is purchase Dine Out to restore the game to the way it was. I do have an EA Play Pro membership. The base game is free to play (if you have a membership?) not sure how that exactly works. (I don't think EA knows either). Either way the game icon should still be in your game library. Mine says I have the EA Play Pro version but there is nothing that says I own the base game. In EA Play you can see what packs you own - but not the base game. I think there is a difference between the EA Play version and the owned version. Sounds like the IT guys (Lenny and Squiggy} are hard at work on this issue as we speak. Any moment now... Yea any moment now...  Like I was saying.  Stay tuned..

Message 7 of 8 (1,075 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BABOUINGAMING for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,053 Views)