Re: I need to uninstall sims 4, will i lose my expansion packs and CC?

by 714roy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can log into my origin account, but the sims 4 game wasn’t in my game library. I know I said I can play the sims 4 but that I was because I didnt know I was playing the sims 4 free trial. I can’t even use the redeem code that my game came with because i already used it back in 2016. I’ve checked the Order History from my origin account but all I see is that I tried the *sims 4 (trial) dated back to 2016. So forget about the “would I have to repurchase the expansion packs?” Do I have to buy the sims 4 again??

Message 11 of 22 (2,697 Views)

Hero
@714roy It's best if you contact support for help with this as outlined on the last page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (2,683 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have sims 3 as well do I need to paste it to my desktop as well? I don't want to lose the saves there either

Message 13 of 22 (2,558 Views)

@o0MorbidGrim0o  If you're uninstalling Sims 4 only, you don't need to do anything to protect your Sims 3 content; it won't get removed when you uninstall Sims 4.  But if you want to be extra careful, you can back up the Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Like its TS4 counterpart, this folder holds your saves, saved sims, builds, mods and cc, etc. and can be removed and put back at any time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 22 (2,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You can plug a USB stick into your laptop or computer then put a copy of your game files or mods folder onto the USB you just need to go to This PC > USB Drive (FStandard smile >  on your file explorer i'm not certain if everybody 's USB drive is marked as F but that's what my USB drive is marked as sorry that there's a smiley face i tried to put a colon with a bracket but it shows up at a smiley face.

Message 15 of 22 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you add your disk version to origin? If you didn't then I don't know how to help but it's okay much more people out there know more

Message 16 of 22 (2,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok but what about the expansion packs, would I end up losing those? I ask because I have a lot of them adding up to well over $100.

Message 17 of 22 (1,144 Views)

@starwarrior1645  Your expansion packs are also owned by your account, not your computer.  So they'll be available when you reinstall, provided you sign into the same EA account you're using now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 22 (1,127 Views)

★★ Novice
@172e3cda00349872 if i uninstall it tho will i have to repurchase my expansion packs?
Message 19 of 22 (1,038 Views)

★★ Novice

when i uninstall it a pop up on my computer says “ All add-ons and bonuses in the game installation directory will be removed. Are you sure you wnat to uninstall The Sims 4?” what does this mean???

Message 20 of 22 (1,034 Views)