Re: I need to uninstall sims 4, will i lose my expansion packs and CC?

by shorty1984327

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need to uninstall sims 4, will i lose my expansion packs and CC?

★★★ Novice

HI! I have recently downloaded items of CC and my game was still working but I downloaded loads more of CC and now when I try and load up sims 4 I get a notifications saying I need to delete my CC and reinstall it or uninstall the game and reinstall it?

I have over 300 items of CC and don't want to delete it as it took me hours, so I need to uninstall my game but will I lose mt expansion/game packs and current CC???#

PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 1 of 22 (87,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

You won't loose game progress, game saves or your custom content. Before you uninstall/reinstall, just back up your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and all your Sims 4 files should be fine.

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (88,567 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

You won't loose game progress, game saves or your custom content. Before you uninstall/reinstall, just back up your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and all your Sims 4 files should be fine.

Message 2 of 22 (88,568 Views)

★★★ Novice
how do i backup my sims 4 folder to my desktop?
Message 3 of 22 (87,930 Views)

★★★ Novice
also do i just uninstall in origin?
Message 4 of 22 (87,927 Views)

★★★ Novice
do i need to back up the whole sims 4 folder which includes saves and mods or specific folders?
Message 5 of 22 (87,931 Views)

★★ Pro

I usually cut my Sims 4 folder and paste it to the desktop and then cut/paste it back to the Electronic Arts folder afterwards.

Right-click on your Sims 4 folder, select Cut and Paste it to the desktop.

Then uninstall Origin. - Manually uninstall the Origin client
https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/origin/Origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

You don't need to backup the whole Sims 4 folder, but it's the easiest way to back your Sims 4 files up that I've found. Everything gets saved, including game saves, mods and user options, and you won't loose anything. Standard smile

Message 6 of 22 (87,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need  some help too:c

Message 7 of 22 (82,745 Views)

Hero
@chihndrxx Could you be a bit more specific ? Do the answers above not answer your problem ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (82,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I played the sims 4 back in 2016 and I had I think 2 expansions on it. The vampire pack and the city one(I can’t remember the specific name) anyways I was downloading CC and I ended up getting a virus on the computer. So my dad worked his magic on the computer and got rid of virus. The bad news is that he restarted the whole computer. He deleted everything from his computer so it was like it was brand new. Three years later which is now, I found my sims 4 game (I have the disk version) I can play the sims 4 but all my expansion packs are gone :/ I don’t remember if I made the back up files for the sims 4 but even if I did they must have been deleted when my dad restarted the whole computer. I really don’t want to repurchase those expansion packs because it’s expensive. Is there away I can get them back? Shouldn’t there be a history of things I purchased? If not then idk ;-;

Message 9 of 22 (82,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@714roy They should all still be on your Origin account. If you don't remember what Origin account you used, you need to contact support

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (81,998 Views)