I need to restore my lost household

by amberpink03

Original Post

I need to restore my lost household

★★★ Newbie

I was going into Sims 4 and noticed that my first household had only 1 Sim (that I had not made) on the cover. I asked my brother if he knew what had happened and he said he only plays on his account so he didn't know. I proceeded to ask him if anything odd happened when he first began to play. He told me that when he began to play it took him to the Create A Sim page. He exited out and made sure he was on his account and went back in, but it still took him to the Create A Sim page, for whatever reason the new Sim he made is on my file and my household is gone. When I go into my old file, it takes me to his new Sim's house. I tried going to manage worlds, and seeing if my house might still be in my old world, but it wasn't there. The only thing that didn't change about my old file is the title I gave it. Could someone please help? Is there anyway to get rid of his new Sim and recover mine?

Message 1 of 4 (220 Views)

Re: I need to restore my lost household

Hero

Hi @amberpink03

do you have a load button on the main menu at all ?

If you go to this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves do you have just one save in there or multiple ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is a load game section which takes me to all of the saved files, but I dont see anything about documents or electronic arts. I tried right clicking a few times to see if maybe that could lead me to something, but it didn't do anything. I'll just make a new household and monitor my brother for now. Thank you for trying to help though! 

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

Hero

Your save is not there on the load button ? Are you sure you're logged in with the correct account ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (194 Views)