I need to buy a game on Origin that I previously bought from a 3rd party seller.

by CarniV34

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need to buy a game on Origin that I previously bought from a 3rd party seller.

★ Novice

I bought the Sims 3 University from a third party seller, and that seller apparently cancelled the code, so now I can download the game in Origin, but it won't work in The Sims 3. I deleted the EP09 files from the Origin SIms 3 folder in 2 different places, but Origin still says "download." I want to purchase the game through Origin, but it won't let me because it keeps trying to get me to download the old one. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I need to buy a game on Origin that I previously bought from a 3rd party sel

@CarniV34  You'll need to ask support to remove the old code from your account before you can buy a new one.  This should be fairly straightforward—it's the usual procedure for bad codes.  Otherwise, Origin will continue to think the pack is owned and will block you from buying another one.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

All Replies

Re: I need to buy a game on Origin that I previously bought from a 3rd party sel

@CarniV34  You'll need to ask support to remove the old code from your account before you can buy a new one.  This should be fairly straightforward—it's the usual procedure for bad codes.  Otherwise, Origin will continue to think the pack is owned and will block you from buying another one.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (361 Views)

★ Novice

That sounds about right. Not soon after I posted this, I put in a ticket with EA and I think they said the same. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (353 Views)