Re: I need some help

by Moonshadow987

Original Post

I need some help

★★★★ Novice

My game runs fine and stuff except for it will stop working go to my main computer screen and say error game loading or it crashes thats not what im worried about but if i got some possible solutions on it that would be great i was wanting to know i use the exchange and I love playing with horses and new coat colors and stuff from the exchange that people made well with horses they have modded mane and tail styles that are fine but my problem is with two of the original game manes like one on the unicorn the really long hair and not the brown regular short main but the black one one side of the main is short than the regular normal side its like the horse hat its mane whacked off if there is a picture of it needed please let me know and please help me thank you so much. 

Message 1 of 6 (374 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Moonshadow987 Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag. Thank you

Message 2 of 6 (359 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my computer is a regular pc ill put the dxdiag info as an attachment folder because its very hard for me to find the actual info since im not totally computer smart. 

Message 3 of 6 (350 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Moonshadow987 Your Acer has a Video card with a Nvidia 9200 chip (now an old chip) and that is a very entry level card. That computer is a slim line case with a non standard 220W power supply which makes upgrading hard. Did the game always crash? It is possible that the computer may be starting to fail. When was the last time the computer was cleaned?

Message 4 of 6 (336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No my game hasn't always crashed I got this computer from a guy from like craigslist because a brand new computer is exspensive it ran fine and everything like a good computer should I wouldnt even know how to clean this computer do I have to purchase a program so I can clean it Im also kinda strapped on that as well money. 

Message 5 of 6 (325 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Moonshadow987 To properly clean a desktop you need to open the side panel and check for dusk. If dust is evident it should be removed (vacuumed). Fans should be checked  for operation. Yours has a cpu fan (check for dust buildup on the cpu heat sink), power supply fan, and video card fan if there is one. Visually inspect the capacitors for bulging and leaking. This should be done at least once a year (whether it needs it or not). Most people can do this and the most it will cost is a ~$3.00 can of compressed air if you don't find anything wrong.

Message 6 of 6 (320 Views)