I moved the sims 4 and my mods to d-drive and my game takes forever to load.

by BunnyBee29

Original Post

I moved the sims 4 and my mods to d-drive and my game takes forever to load.

★★★ Newbie

I moved Origin, The Sims 4 and my mods to my External Hard drive and my game still takes all day to load. Also after the 11/30/21 update when The game finally opens when I click on the game options there is a red dot next to each category and the options to those categories don’t populate. 

Can someone please help me out. I thought that I would have quicker loading times and no lagging but it’s still as if it’s on my c drive. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,159 Views)

Re: I moved the sims 4 and my mods to d-drive and my game takes forever to load.

@BunnyBee29  Loading from an external drive is generally slower, and often much slower, than loading from an internal one.  The data transfer speeds just don't compare to what you get with an internal connection.  So if you have any space at all, at least move your user folder (with the mods) to the internal drive, and move the game back if you have the room.  As long as you have at least 20 GB free on C after moving everything, you have enough space not to worry about it.

The red dots issue sounds like it's probably caused by a bad mod.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,144 Views)

Re: I moved the sims 4 and my mods to d-drive and my game takes forever to load.

★★★ Newbie

Thank You for responding, I’m going to attempt to move my mods back into the c drive. The game worked perfectly before I moved my EA folder from documents so I will start there. 

Message 3 of 3 (1,123 Views)