I'm stuck at 99% whenever I try to enter a town

by mavzien

Original Post

I'm stuck at 99% whenever I try to enter a town

★★ Novice

I got Sims 3 but whenever I try to load in a town, it stops me at 99%. I let it stay there for 3 hours to see, still stuck. The thing is, I only got Sims 3 recently on this laptop and I have 0 mods, CC or save files since I haven't gotten to properly play the game. I have all the packs.

Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)

Re: I'm stuck at 99% whenever I try to enter a town

@mavzien  Doe this happen no matter which world you try to load?  Please try a few, restarting your computer in between, to see whether it helps.

If not, the issue may be the automatic placement of venues that come with expansion packs: this process happens whenever you load a new world and sometimes causes the game to hang or freeze.  There's a mod by Bluegenjutsu on the Sims Asylum that prevents the lots' auto placement; you'd need to register (for free) to access it.  The mod is called something like "No placement of community lots" and is safe and well-regarded.

If the mod doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you don't want to use a mod, I can try sending you a blank save to see whether it loads properly; that should at least distinguish between this issue and other.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (277 Views)