I'm redownloading sims 3, it's been finalizing for a long time, is that normal?

by nikkitimesthree

Original Post

I'm redownloading sims 3, it's been finalizing for a long time, is that normal?

★★★★★ Novice

It's been finalizing since three in the morning, I put my computer to sleep and when I opened it up at around 11:30 it was still finalizing. 

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: I'm redownloading sims 3, it's been finalizing for a long time, is that norm

Hero (Retired)

@nikkitimesthree I believe when you put your computer in the sleep mode it only maintains power to the dynamic memory so the computer will power up at the same state it was in when you put it to sleep - what it doesn't do is continue processing. As finalizing does not describe exactly what the computer is doing when the computer entered sleep mode I suspect it was not wise to stop the installation. It may take some time to start the installation process where it left off off or it may have crashed the installer. This game is a large download and it performs many tasks during install. When the install is complete and if the game is in Origin (it should be) then the game will be updated by Origin to version 1.69. The time it takes to download and install this game depends on your internet speed and the speed of your computer.

Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

Re: I'm redownloading sims 3, it's been finalizing for a long time, is that norm

★★★★★ Novice

Is there anyway to restart the process? I think it might be stuck, since it's still finalizing 

Message 3 of 3 (390 Views)