Re: I lost the key of a Sims 3 pack I own and played before Origin was a require

by icafed

Original Post

I lost the key of a Sims 3 pack I own and played before Origin was a requirement

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I found my super old The Sims 3 games and wanted to try them again, I unfortunately learned that now Origin is a must to install the game but one of the packs doesn't have the manual with the activation key printed on it anymore, just the case and disc (and funnily enough all the promotional flyers, it's just missing the damn manual with the key printed on it).

I'm pretty sure the original key has never been linked to any Origin account, I just popped the disc and installed it back then. Is there anything I can do to recover the key? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (384 Views)

Re: I lost the key of a Sims 3 pack I own and played before Origin was a require

@icafed  Do you have access to a computer where the pack was previously installed?  Even if you uninstalled it, the product key may still be present.  Here's how to find it:

Windows:  https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

macOS:  https://bluebellflora.com/finding-your-serial-key-using-terminal/

By the way, Origin is still not required as long as you have disc copies of all your packs and your base game disc was manufactured prior to September 2012.  If Origin is on your computer, it may try to patch Sims 3, but that can be cancelled, and of course you don't need to run or even install Origin unless you want to play other EA games.  That doesn't help you install Pets, since you'd still need a valid product key when installing the pack; I'm just throwing it out there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately I don't have access to my old pc, I think the last time I played it was in 2013 and that was 3 laptop ago ahah all the games including the base game are from day 1 but yeah, I'd still need a key to be able to install it. I'll try to ask for a replacement key on monday when customer care goes back online but I guess I probably won't be able to play with this pack.

Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)