Re: I lost my registration code for Sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@mmarch  What are you looking for? The base game and expansion packs have five groups of 4 characters for the activation code. Worlds have four groups of 4 characters for the activation code. Prior to Origin the code was stored on the local computer and it was up to the user to keep track of the code. The codes were stored (and still are) in the registry of pc computers. Some very early codes will not work anymore and there were some instances when the codes supplied by some authorized vendors were incorrect. It is important to know when and where you purchased the game. If you want to contact EA customer service - link - EA customer service  If you get the call back option this does work. If you use the chat it works best with IE (Internet Explorer).

Message 21 of 24 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie
me too
Message 22 of 24 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SandArcher im trying through origin and im not finding it, i got the point of “view game details” but no code anywhere Frown( pls help thank you Standard smile
Message 23 of 24 (1,387 Views)

@CoWgirL_4u  Right-click on the Sims 3 icon and select Game Properties, not Game Details.

If you can't find your code, you can always contact EA customer support to ask for it.  A support rep should be able to read it to you over the phone, or paste it into a live chat window.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you have other questions, it would be best to start your own thread; this one is pretty old, and Origin has changed a lot in the interim.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 24 (1,376 Views)