I log in, but won't let me play

by 1601134340

Original Post

I log in, but won't let me play

★★★ Newbie

Hello. So, I log in, the game loads and seems fine. I try to play a saved game, I got in but when I choose the house, instead of loading the saved game, it leds me to the universe menu. I get back in the universe I have my saved game and it repeats over and over, so I try to play with any of the other families, like The Goths f.e., and then it just crashes and shuts down the game.

I already deactivated the mods, I backup'd and try to reset, I did the disabling Origin Web Service and. it. just. won't. let. me. in. any. household.

Does anyone knows what to do? I haven't played in since september because of college and I had to reinstall since there was a new version. Would appreciate any suggestions. 

(english isn't my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistake).

Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Re: I log in, but won't let me play

Champion (Retired)

@1601134340 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, first of all, tysm for answering.

I tried what you said, but it didn't work. If it doesn't led me to the universe menu, it shuts down the game.

Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@1601134340 

Mods can permanently damage a savegame. Does it work if you start a new game (still with all Mods and CC removed)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (261 Views)