I just want to play my game

by dianark

Original Post

I just want to play my game

★★★ Novice

I'm not opening any subjects or anything and I can't get contact support right now, so if I come across as frustrated, I AM. I'm not upset at anyone lol

I'm moving and I have a handful of days without internet, other than my phone data which I've tried to cast but is too slow, apparently. I just wanted to play The Sims. That I've played SO MANY TIMES. Origin is in offline mode, but it won't even try to load my game library.

Can I really not play a game that I've paid for and paid for a ton of expansions even when I can login to the offline service? Because I'm not online?

This is too far on the antitheft front. I don't want to check myself out of future Sims games, but this ridiculous lol

Please tell me there's something I'm missing. Help me get into my game. This is ridiculous.

Message 1 of 3 (252 Views)

Re: I just want to play my game

★★★ Novice

I can even get into my Steam in offline mode to play those games, because I literally logged into both online YESTERDAY but origin won't even load my game library :/ why is it so difficult to just play The Sims? I'm very upset...

Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: I just want to play my game

@dianark  Try signing into Origin and then launching Sims 4 from TS4_x64.exe, or its shortcut if you have one.  The .exe will be inside the game's program files, specifically (unless you changed the default install location in Origin) here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

You can also try launching with Origin not already open.  The last time I did that, the Origin login window opened and required me to sign in, but once I did, Sims 4 launched immediately.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)