I just purchaced a new Sims 3 expansion all of my previous expansions disappeare

by badadder1

Original Post

I just purchaced a new Sims 3 expansion all of my previous expansions disappeare

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have been playing the Sims 3 with several expansion packs with no problem. Today I purchased another pack and suddenly all other expansions vanished from my game. They still show up on my expansions list on the load screen but when I try to install them it opens Origin and nothing helpful happens. I paid good money for those expansions, I am not happy that they are now unavailable to me. I have searched forums for help to no avail. What gives??

If the only solution I am offered is to buy sims 4, I would like a refund for every sims 3 game I have every purchased. I don't have the computer capabilities to run sims 4

Message 1 of 2 (362 Views)

Re: I just purchaced a new Sims 3 expansion all of my previous expansions disapp

@badadder1  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.  No one here is going to tell you to buy Sims 4.

Can you be a bit more specific about what you're seeing?  It sounds like you see the packs you already own in the launcher's Expansions & Stuff tab, but they're not showing in-game.  If that's the case, try unchecking the packs, restarting your computer, and checking them off again.  If that doesn't help, clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes, including storing your pack selections.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If this isn't what you're seeing, please let me know.  I'd also like to know how you originally installed the game and your missing packs; Origin doesn't always manage mixed installs well, even though it's not supposed to be a problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (343 Views)