I haven’t been able to play help! 😢😢😩😩

by SimVet89

Original Post

I haven’t been able to play help! 😢😢😩😩

★ Novice

Once I’m in the game, it gets stuck on the loading page upon clicking my household. Before, it was taking a really long time to load and once it came on... it is frozen and I have to force shut down my computer... now it won’t even open up on the screen so I can play. I’ve updated and repaired the game. I’ve also updated origin. I’ve tried to play without Mods but that doesn’t work either. Please help... I seen on another post about give someone a “dxdiag”?

Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

Re: I haven’t been able to play help! 😢😢😩😩

@SimVet89  Can you load a different household within the same save?  Can you load a household in an entirely different save?  If you don't have a second save to compare with, please start a new one just to test.

Please also go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and see how large your current and older save files are.  You can sort by date modified to distinguish among them.  Let me know how large the files are, or if it's easier, take a screenshot of the contents and attach it to a post.

If you want to provide a dxdiag, hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the .txt file to your desktop.  You can then attach it to a reply in this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (372 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, this is my second save. That worked the first time and now it’s doing it again. I’ve only been playing with one household so I really don’t see why it would be too large... nor do I want to keep starting over. I’ll send a of picture me the file and upload the dxdiag. Thanks! @puzzlezaddict 

Message 3 of 7 (354 Views)

@SimVet89  I don't see a dxdiag or a screenshot.  Did you try to upload them here?  The site can be weird sometimes, but attachments are generally working right now.

If you uploaded the files to a help ticket instead, I won't be able to see them; only EA customer support reps have access to that info.

Message 4 of 7 (335 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, no, I at first I didn’t. Here’s the screenshot of what’s in the saved folder. There’s another scratch folder in the scratch folder which has a lot of documents. I’ll send the dxdiag info shortly. Thank uou!

Message 5 of 7 (306 Views)

★ Novice

Here's the dxdiag. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7 (303 Views)

@SimVet89  Your dxdiag lists a few Windows system errors that should definitely be addressed.  Try running a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, click Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If there are several pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to get them all to run.

However, the Sims 4 issue probably has an entirely different cause.  You can delete the scratch folder, which should normally be deleted when you quit, but can remain if the game crashes.

More importantly, the two newest save files are much larger than the others and may have been affected by the Father Winter issue.  If you don't want to use MCCC to remove all the excess Father Winters, you can just revert to an older save, one that's a normal size and presumably not affected.  Use the manual method here to make sure you're getting the version you want:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Message 7 of 7 (284 Views)