Re: I have windows 7 and I can't download CC for my sims 4 game. Any help?

by DanOooo777

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@DanOooo777  You can change the file type association in Windows 7 control panel - default programs - associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Message 11 of 32 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It still isn't working. I can't even find any mods folder. I honestly don't know what's wrong with my game
Message 12 of 32 (914 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DanOooo777  Did you try the repair the game by right clicking the game icon in Origin? Did you try moving the game user data to your desktop allowing the game to generate a new user data folder?

Message 13 of 32 (908 Views)

★★ Pro

@DanOooo777

I wanted to add on to what Roberta591 mentioned -

You can reset your user folder by renaming it or moving it to the desktop and launching the game so it makes a new Sims 4 folder. Here's a how-to:

Sims 4 Factory Reset -

Rename your Sims 4 folder to Sims 4_Backup. The game will create a new folder next time you play. - Renaming it or moving it to the desktop will help you have a backup and keep your Sims 4 files safe.

Repair the Sims 4 game. In Origin > Game Library - right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - To make sure the install files and such are in working order.

Try launching the game, play a new save. If it's not working, don't save.  -  However, if everything is playing okay then start putting the files back. (list of files and folders below).

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Saves folder
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

More information - Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...

If you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

I'm really sorry to hear the game still isn't working for you. I was hoping it would. If the above doesn't help would you please share your computer information with us?

To do that, click start and type in dxdiag and look for a file called dxdiag.exe. Click on that to run it. Look for a button at the bottom middle of the menu that says Save All Information.

Save the dxdiag.txt file to your desktop and share it with us.

You can attach the text file to your post or reply directly. (To attach a file click the browse button just above the Preview button, at the bottom of the message box.)

With this information we can see if there's any hardware or driver issues.

Message 14 of 32 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nothing works I don't know why but I've tried everything and nothing works 

Message 15 of 32 (862 Views)

★★ Pro

@DanOooo777

Would you be willing to share your computer's information with us to see if it will help us sort out the problem?

To do that, click start and type in dxdiag and look for a file called dxdiag.exe. Click on that to run it. Look for a button at the bottom middle of the menu that says Save All Information.

Save the dxdiag.txt file to your desktop and share it with us.

You can attach the text file to your post or reply directly. (To attach a file click the browse button just above the Preview button, at the bottom of the message box.)

With this information we can see if there's any hardware or driver issues.

Message 16 of 32 (840 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Argh sorry I'm not very good with computers let alone the whole file? thing. I have the dxdiag file and everything but I can't figure out how to attach it. Sorry about this, you must be getting annoyed with this situation
Message 17 of 32 (796 Views)

★★ Pro

To attach the dxdiag file click the browse button just above the Preview button at the bottom of the message box. Navigate to where your file is and double-click on it to attach it to your reply.

AttachFile.jpg

Message 18 of 32 (785 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Think I got it 

Message 19 of 32 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DanOooo777 

Thank you for sharing your dxdiag file. I'm not seeing anything in it that is indicating a problem.

Let me see if I understand the issue, you can't find the path to the Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder on your computer?

I think I may have asked this before, but want to make sure. Have you tried searching your computer?

-- To search your computer, click the Start button and search for Sims 4. Follow the link(s) that it gives you. By default the user folder (saves, mods, etc) should be in: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

What path is it giving you?

Message 20 of 32 (756 Views)