Re: I have windows 7 and I can't download CC for my sims 4 game. Any help?

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have windows 7 and I can't download CC for my sims 4 game. Any help?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've looked up multiple ways to download CC and nothing seems to work. I don't know if it's something to do with Origin... But I can't even find the Sims 4 in the location where it's supposed to be. I haven't found anything with CC and windows 7 having problems. But here I am. Can anyone help? Embarrassed

(Windows 7 home premium)

Message 1 of 32 (3,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you to everyone that helped me! I finally figured out how to do it by watching a simple youtube video! "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1MwSK8Ww7A

View in thread

Message 32 of 32 (3,033 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@DanOooo777  Are you trying to download from EA ( Sims 3 store or a expansion pack) or from the cc creators site?

Message 2 of 32 (3,923 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried to download CC from  TSR (Sims 4 downloads)

Message 3 of 32 (3,905 Views)

★★ Pro

@DanOooo777

You may need to ask about the issue on TSR's forum. They'll most likely be able to help you better.

It sounds like you've downloaded some custom content, but can't find where it's at?

If that's the case, search your computer for the custom content's name. Click the Start button and search for the name of the cc you downloaded.

For example, I just downloaded a hair from TSR called - Nightcrawler AF Hair SANDY.package

It downloaded to my downloads folder - My Computer\Downloads - I think is the path on Windows 7.

However, It's best if you search for the name of the CC, that way you're sure where it got downloaded to.

If it's a .package file, then you can copy it to - C:\Users\Username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

It should show up then.

Again, If this doesn't solve the issue, please post in TSR's forum.

Message 4 of 32 (3,862 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Well, I just found the location to my cc downloads but it won't let me 'open' the files because I have this program on my computer called 'Adobe Reader' it says something about the file isn't supported and won't let me click it. Any ideas?
Message 5 of 32 (3,832 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You are not supposed to open it and why you have chosen to associate the .package filetype with Adobe reader I don't know but it doesn't really matter. The .package files goes in the mods folder. Isn't there someone you know that can teach you the basics on how computers work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 32 (3,822 Views)

★★ Pro

@DanOooo777

Like Jpkarlsen mentioned the package files aren't meant to be opened.

If the custom content files are .package files they can be copied to - C:\Users\Username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

If they are in .zip or .rar format. They they need to be extracted into the same folder as above.

How To: Zip and unzip files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14200/windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files

How do I extract files with WinRAR? - https://www.win-rar.com/faq.html#c1419

The .package files in my game aren't associated with anything. That's by default.

If you want to change the association of your .package files, here's an article that can help with that.

Change which programs Windows 7 uses by default - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

Message 7 of 32 (3,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I didn't associate Adobe reader with it, it did it by itself and I cannot change it. I know how to work computers but the fact that I can't find the mods folder or the sims 4 folder doesn't help.

Message 8 of 32 (3,797 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've looked up everything you said in my folders and it says that the "The Sims 4" file and the "Mods" file isn't a thing in my computer. I don't have a folder with C:\Users\Username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. The CC either isn't going into the place it's supposed to be or something obviously is wrong with my folders.
Message 9 of 32 (3,791 Views)

★★ Pro

@DanOooo777

Ah okay, I think I might know why. Try logging into Origin and go to the Games Library and click on Sims 4 to play. This should create a new Sims 4 folder for you.

Once the game creates the Sims 4 folder, you should be able to find the Mods folder within it.

Message 10 of 32 (3,784 Views)