Re: I have multiple issues since the patch.any suggestions?

by graceymanors

Original Post

I have multiple issues since the patch.any suggestions?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I was forced into updating my game unfortunately, now I have multiple issues.

1st: If my sim's house has multiple items, doesn't matter which item, she will use the farthest away.Prime example, told my sim to prepare salad, she goes all the way past the fridge in the kitchen, down to the basement, gets the item, then goes all the way back upstairs past the kitchen outside and prepares the salad, then goes all the way to the bathroom and sets the salad on the bathroom counter.Its really annoying and takes up a lot of time.Never had this issue prior to patch.

2.Musical chairs issue is back and worse than ever- Not only will my sims constantly switch seats.They will cancel eating their dinner to stand up and talk to another sim.Makes running a restaurant difficult.

3.While eatng dinner, sims will be come motionless, they will just sit there and not eat, just looking around at each other.

Not to mention that my relationship panel was cleared, but I saw a post from a SimGuru, on this.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (90%-98%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All exept pets
Steps:

First issue, just move into a big house, put 2 dishwashers or 2 stoves,each far apart.And have sim start cooking, and they will wander to the one farthest.

Issue 2: I know this has been a persistant issue, most users have it, however its 10x worse since the patch not sure how you could replicate it.

Issue 3: Not sure how to replicate it, just let them eat, and they may sit for a long time before taking bites.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, however I have since removed the mods to a safe place for the time being, so at this moment no mods installed.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes Nov 7th patch
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 7 patch. 

I also attached a copy of my dxdiag for reference.

Message 1 of 11 (524 Views)

Hero

Is this only happening on an existing game or also a new one ?

Do you only have musical chairs at restaurants or generally ?

Have you tried repairing the game for the motionless issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The musical chairs happens everywhere, even at home.

As for the counter issue, I haven't tried in a new save , I will give that a go.Its really annoying.

Let me grab a video of it for you.

I haven't tried repairing thr game, I'll give that a go as well.

Message 3 of 11 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Here's what she does.

Message 4 of 11 (498 Views)

@graceymanors just wanted to let you know your video isn't working. Maybe you could try uploading it to YouTube?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 11 (485 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had it on youtube, but it was blurry.Hope this one works.

Message 6 of 11 (466 Views)

★★★ Guide

I also have another issue with dine out.

My servers keep leaving and going somewhere, then coming back and they're not wearing the assigned uniform.All of these started after Nov 7th patch

Message 7 of 11 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Guess you will need to file bug reports for each issue in the bug forum

Make one per issue.

The using far away objects has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Routing-issue-when-preparing-food-Counters-priority... but it would be good if you could make a new one as the old doesn't use the bug template.

For the motionless issue: Did you make sure the game runs on your card and not the chip ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (441 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I did.Igazor helped me with that a while back when I was having sims 3 issues.

I just pinpointed the kitchen issue: Its issues with the garden salad and fruit salad....those two food dishes are the only ones that give me the issues.

The motion issue fixed itself today when it updated.

Message 9 of 11 (394 Views)

★★★ Guide

For some reason I can't file a bug report, I click submit and nothing happens, all fields are filled out.

Message 10 of 11 (389 Views)