Re: I have all my Sims games on disks!

by EA_Mai

Original Post

I have all my Sims games on disks!

★★★★★ Newbie

I have all my Sims games on disks (both Sims 1, 2 and 3) how do I get them on Origin? 

Message 1 of 3 (160 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sansims97 You need an Origin account with the same login and password as thesims3.com account. Open Origin - login - click Origin in the upper left - click redeem product code...  An icon for the base game should appear. Expansion packs can be seen by right clicking the game icon - click game details - click extra content - scroll down. yoou may have to use to manual super patch to 1.67. Origin should patch the game to 1.69. This will allow the game to run without a disc as SecuROM and SafeDisc are no longer active and the DRM is Origin (Steam like). Installing from disc requires the game be patched to version 1.67. The digital download (through Origin) is already patched but if you have the game already installed you have to patch and relink the packs for the game to work right again. Not sure about Sims 1 but Sims 2 should run but may have to run TS2 in a compatibility mode.

Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @sansims97,

As @roberta591 explained, you can redeem your The Sims 3 codes in Origin using the menu Origin > Redeem a code.

Regarding The Sims 2, you will need to talk to one of our EA Advisers, they might be able to help you with those games.

However, The Sims 1 is not available in Origin. If you want to play The Sims 1 in a recent version of Windows, and you find issues, you could try to run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP.

Good luck,

Mai

Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)