I give up, sims 4 won't play

by MootjeMo58

Original Post

I give up, sims 4 won't play

★★★★ Novice

I tried about everything found here to get SIMS 4 to play again without succes. Not on my laptop (windows 8.1 and now Windows 10) , so tried my windows 10 pc on which SIMS 4 was never installed before. Same problem, origin starts, screen dissapears upon clicking sims 4, origin screen returns without playing.

Last time I could play SIMS 4 on my laptop was in november 2020. It stopped working while still on windows 8.1 , all options here did not help. Last week I upgraded to windows 10, installed origin, origin downloaded sims4, tried all options found here, no result again.

So I give up.

I was already sick about my old sims not playing anymore on windows 8.1 with about all availble extensions that I had bought. Lost money.

Tried to contact EA.COM but that seems impossible. They always refer to a forum.

EA.COM please comment, I spend a lot of money on your old Sims, luckily I bought only the base version of Sims 4..

Message 1 of 14 (873 Views)

Re: I give up, sims 4 won't play

★★★★ Novice
@MootjeMo58 ps saw later at the bottom of this forum how to switch to Dutch, so also wrote the same post in Dutch.
Message 2 of 14 (867 Views)

@MootjeMo58  What antivirus program do you use?  After the November patch, a few different programs started blocking Sims 4 by default, sometimes even if the player had already set an exception for the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 14 (840 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I use mcafee

Message 4 of 14 (813 Views)

@MootjeMo58  Try setting exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe in McAfee.  If that doesn't help, try uninstalling it, at least temporarily; it's possible McAfee has some other setting that's interfering.  The support website has instructions for uninstalling, including a tool you can use.

If that doesn't make a difference, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 5 of 14 (801 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
MootjeMo58 switched to Dutch section and gets some replies there. So this topic could be closed.
Check if you computer does meet the system requirements.
Please do the basic steps and other suggestions there given. Including updating your video card drivers and updates for Windows.
So long called security software is most time an issue, make sure to white list Origin client and Origin games. Or else, (temporarily) close them, or uninstall them. Install last version or contact their support.
Also perform a clean boot of Windows, because you might running other software that some way might cause trouble with Origin client nor Origin games. DxDiag was fine, laptops contains lesser performing hardware inside. Don't use integrated / embedded video chips to run games, but use the better ones, fro NVidia for example.

Regards.
Message 6 of 14 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RealSimmor0  Personally, I'd rather see this topic stay open until and unless the player says the issue has been resolved.

@MootjeMo58  I looked at your dxdiags from the Dutch forum, and there's not much in common between your two computers.  I still think that McAfee might be the issue here, and the symptoms you've described are what usually happens when an antivirus blocks the game.  Disabling the firewall settings for McAfee may not be thorough enough, which is why I suggested uninstalling it temporarily.

If that doesn't help, please let me know, and we can go from there.

Message 7 of 14 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I will not disable mcafee in total, but will try to remove origin/sims4 totally, cleanup my register, shut down the firewall and then re-install.

If that doesn't work, I will install free malwarebytes, stop their firewall, remove mcafee, and try again.

On my PC as I already used free malware bytes on my pc and cannot activate their online protection

I'm dutch so i also used the Durch forum

Message 8 of 14 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm done, install and play with firewall off did not work. I decided not to stop mcafee in total.

I don't believe in games that need so much effort to install. I spend too much time on it now.

Only option I'm willing to try is that my registraion of sims 4 is removed so I can install with another account with a functioning mcafee.

Thanks for your efforts to help. Much appreciated.

Message 9 of 14 (730 Views)

@MootjeMo58  If you change your mind and want to troubleshoot further, feel free to post back any time.

Message 10 of 14 (722 Views)