Re: I downloaded the free sims 4 and it won't let me purchase the expansion pack

by kreatora

Original Post

I downloaded the free sims 4 and it won't let me purchase the expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to buy and download other expansion packs but it says that I need the sims 4 disk in order to do that but my friend says she never had to buy the sims 4 disk why isn't it letting me download new stuff Frown

Message 1 of 4 (959 Views)

Re: I downloaded the free sims 4 and it won't let me purchase the expansion pack

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Mooganfreeman94

Do you have Sims4 base game?  Doesn't matter -  on the disc or from Origin.  All these additional packs are just extensions for this base game. So if you don't have this first released game, no extension pack will work.
Origin after checking your game library determines that you do not have this first base game and is blocking your purchase.
Quite recently there was a promotion and The Sims4 were distributed for free. Maybe then your friend downloaded the game so she didn't have to buy it. Now, unfortunately, you have to pay for this first base game: The Sims4

Maybe you confuse TS3 with TS4? As for TS3, you need a newer release of the base game than the first earliest to download the game.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (926 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora Thank you for letting me know Standard smile I will be buying it so I can download all my goodies haha
Message 3 of 4 (923 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Mooganfreeman94

If you have already downloaded free The Sims4 you don't need to buy it again. All that you need is to check if this game is in your Origin library.
If it is then it is Origin fault - Origin doesn't read it correctly.
Clear the Origin cache
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
Message 4 of 4 (906 Views)