Re: I don't understand what advisor what me to do - Download The Sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

I don't understand what advisor what me to do - Download The Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I want to download The Sims 3. I have the disc and the serial numbers. i would be so happy if I could have it on my computer, so I am trying to download it and getting from EA/orgini.

I got this on my E-mail: ''We need to verify the EA account then only we will be able to proceed further.
I've sent a six digit code to your email. Please check if you have received an email with the subject line Please verify ownership of your Origin Account in your Inbox or SPAM inbox. Please share it back to us so we can verify the account ownership and check the account.'' - But my account is already verified? I am confused.

Later on, I got this E-mail after I asked what exacly I should do with the code, beacuse my account is already verified: ''Before we proceed, I request you to please provide me with codes which we have shared to verify you account. ''

What is exacly should I do with the code? How can I verfied my account here, when it is already verfied. Or is it something else I need to verfied?

it is holiday and I want to play it before school starts.

Big thanks to you all! Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (472 Views)

@Fritid  When you contact EA customer support, the person you talk to will send your email a six-digit code so that the support rep can verify, in that moment, that they're talking to the owner of the email address associated with the account.  So if you're still talking to the support rep, you just need to copy and paste that six-digit code into the chat window, or read it back if you're on a phone call.  It's not about whether your account is verified with EA, it's whether you can verify that you personally own the account during that conversation.

If you were not talking to anyone from EA customer support and received this email anyway, then it's possible someone else tried to claim ownership of your account.  In that case, please change your password and enable two-factor authentication, which you can do by signing into ea.com, clicking your profile pic > Account Settings > Security, and turning on login verification.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay! Thank you for your reply!

Then I actually understood the first E-mail. I send the six digit code back. The weird thing was that I got another E-mail that said that he wanted that six digi code I got earlier. I have already send it, why should I do it again? ANyway, I have send the code, but I have not got any help/reply yet.

I now got the third E-mail that asked me for the code. I have now send it once again. This is the third time and I still don't get the help. They keep asking me, ''send the code''. But I have already done it. I did not understand, I did the right thing all the beginning. But they keep asking for it?

Well..I send it for the third time now and hoping so badly I can get the help!

Thank you for explain to me what to do. It came to my knowledge that I did the right thing at the very beginning.

Thank you once again!

Message 3 of 7 (456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is someone else have the same problem as me? The advisor keep asking me to share the code and I have send them the code I got for the third time. It seems like they ignore my E-mail and just saying the same thing: ''Before we proceed further, we need to verify your account. Please, share the six digi code you got in your mail''.

I have gave them the code for the third time. .

Message 4 of 7 (429 Views)

Is it a way to get a download program for The Sims 3?

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I is it a way to get a program/download The Sims 3. I have the serial number and playing on PC, windows 10. I have tried to contact the advisor, but they keep asking me to share the code to verify my account. I have keep doing that couple of times, beacuse it comes new advisor over and over again and asking the same thing (I have never had that kind of experience from an advisor before).

So  I was now thinking is it a way to get a download program from EA or is it just contact via E-mail is the only way?

I have the disc and the serial number. So everything else is good to go.

Big thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 7 (433 Views)

Re: Is it a way to get a download program for The Sims 3?

★★★ Newbie

Is it a way to chat or having a phone call, or something? Beacuse is just does not work with the E-mail contact. It cames new advisor all the time and keep asking me to share the code they gave me to verify my account and I have done that three times in a row. And then no answer for a while and then it just comes a new advisor that ask me to do the same thing.

Message 6 of 7 (432 Views)

@Fritid  When you receive the code via email. you're supposed to give it to the EA advisor through the live chat window, or over the phone.  If you're only receiving support by email, then yes, you can choose live chat instead.  When you're submitting your help request, if you don't see live chat as an option, go back one step and choose a slightly different category of issue.  If that doesn't help, change the location in your browser window (upper right corner) to U.S. or U.K. and try again.

For the download problem itself, have you registered your game in Origin?  If Sims 3 appears in your game library, you can click on it to see the download option.  If it's not in your library, just register the code that came with the disc: in your library, click "Add a Game" and enter the code.  If this doesn't work, you may need to talk to an EA support rep again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)