I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts" folder?

by brisoaps

Original Post

Re: I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts&amp

Hero

Are you using oneDrive ? If so, did you check there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 29 (4,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem, and I've checked OneDrive and every possible folder. I've been playing this game for almost a year now and super confused. I just want it back so I can download CC and Mods, they make the game enjoyable for me.

Message 12 of 29 (4,017 Views)

Re: I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts&quo

★★★ Newbie

so um i don't even have the 'EA' folder, i started the sims 4 and closed it again alot, but it wouldn't come in documents or something.. help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Message 13 of 29 (3,600 Views)

Hero

Did you check oneDrive as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (3,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For my game I didn’t have enough storage in the main drive on my computer so I put it in a different one. So my game is not stored under Documents. I’ve opened the game, played the game and restarted it. It still doesn’t have a mods folder or even the electronic arts folder. I’m not sure what to do. I just wanted some basic mods for hair and such. Please help!

Message 15 of 29 (3,247 Views)

Hero

Hi @Gabryelle08 

the game automatically uses the folder in documents or on oneDrive. You can't really force it to use a different one. If you need it moved to a different drive, you'll need to move over the whole doc folder.

Here's a method to find out which folder the game itself uses: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 29 (3,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do you mean?

Message 17 of 29 (3,079 Views)

Re: I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts&

Hero
@dermentolagist52 If you just install the game and then check the documents folder, you won't have one. The game creates that folder when you first start the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 29 (3,067 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem. However, I've started and closed my game twice and it still isn't appearing. I created a household and placed them on a lot, I did everything I could think of, but the folder isn't showing up. 

Message 19 of 29 (3,047 Views)

Re: I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts&

Hero (Retired)
@Anna_AV_2003

It is a very old thread. Could you create a new one with your issue?
By the way, are you using OneDrive?
Message 20 of 29 (3,037 Views)