Re: I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts&amp

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Novice

mine still isn't there after creating a new game. I had to delete the sims 4 folder, and re-download the sims 4, but it still isn't there even though i created a new game.

Message 21 of 29 (2,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SAME. did anyone fix this?!

Message 22 of 29 (2,353 Views)

@RosyRossie  Have you launched the game at least once?  If so, there has to be a Sims 4 folder somewhere.  Try looking in OneDrive (or iCloud if you have a Mac).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 29 (2,340 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had the same problem but figured i had the sims game on different pc previously and on the same windows account so it still had the files on the old pc. after signed out of the old pc my new one finaly created the electronic arts folder Standard smile hope it helps

Message 24 of 29 (2,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi I downloaded mods and I went to look for my sims folder I found it its not in electronic arts and there is only a ea folder in electronic arts but I do have a sims 4 folder but there is nothing inside of it

Message 25 of 29 (1,929 Views)

@harmonyisnice  Have you launched the game at least once?  If not, please do so now, then look again in Documents\Electronic Arts.

If you have launched the game, please search for your saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search field in the upper right corner.  For any save you see, click on it, click "Open file location," and you'll jump to where the saves are.  Please copy the address bar, above the list of files and folders, and paste it here.

Message 26 of 29 (1,918 Views)

Re: I don't have a "The Sims 4" folder in my "Electronic Arts&quo

★★★ Newbie

I have been having similar problem, i've opened the game and even played it but i see no sign of the electronic arts folder anywhere in my laptop and i don't know what to do.

Message 27 of 29 (1,838 Views)

@Anamari23  If your computer runs Windows, the folder could be in OneDrive, or you could be looking in OneDrive when the folder's in the local version of Documents.  To access the local version, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, double-click the C drive, then open Users > your username > Documents.

If you have a Mac, the same principle applies, except that the folder might be in iCloud or you might be opening the iCloud version of Documents.  If you do have a Mac and need more help, let me know, and I'll move your post to the Mac section.

Message 28 of 29 (1,834 Views)

★ Novice

I'm super late on this but I finally found mine and decided to come back and explain to others who need help. I found mine by going to "quick access" and typing in "electronic arts". If yours is like mine, you'll see a search result that has the path "windows (cStandard smile,\users\yourname\documents\electronic arts\ the sims 4". Click on that and go under properties at the top and make sure you deselect "hidden".

For some reason, when I updated the game, Origin, and EA, it saved everything as a hidden file. 

Hope this helps!

Message 29 of 29 (1,697 Views)