Re: I don't have a gallery! - The Sims 4.

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I don't have a gallery! - The Sims 4.

★★★ Newbie

So, I'm really annoyed. You know on Create a Sim and things alike? Well, I don't have the option to see the gallery like everyone else. I can't download anything from other people, which I really want to! I don't have the two pictures together in the right hand corner, and I sooo want it! It really annoys me and I don't know why I don't have it. Help?

Message 1 of 22 (14,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Do you maybe have an underage Origni account ? If so, then you can't use the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 22 (14,471 Views)

All Replies

No Sims 4 Gallery - please post here.

★★★ Newbie

PLEASE HELP ME! I have no Sims 4 gallery! I posted before but I'm so desperate to get one!

Message 2 of 22 (14,271 Views)

Hero

Do you maybe have an underage Origni account ? If so, then you can't use the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (14,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How old do you have to be?
Message 4 of 22 (12,691 Views)

★★ Pro

If I remember correctly the age is 13 or 14 years old.

Here's a link to an article on how to update an Origin Accounts:

How to update an EA Account to an adult account
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account/

If you want more help with your account, please contact EA's Customer Service:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game - in this case select either Origin or Sims 4
3. Select your platform
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings, time of day and the topic/issue you choose.

Message 5 of 22 (12,681 Views)

★★★ Novice

My account is not underage, and its still not working. I only have the library and I cannot change it in game options.

Message 6 of 22 (12,406 Views)

★★ Pro

@Beth06x 

I've heard of this issue happening to some players and I've read where some players have luck with resetting their Sims 4 folder.

You can reset your user folder by renaming it or moving it to the desktop and playing the game so it makes a new Sims 4 folder. Here's a how-to:

Resetting Sims 4 -

1. Click Start > Documents > Electronic Arts and look for the Sims 4 folder.

2. Rename the Sims 4 folder to Sims 4_Backup. The game will create a new folder next time you launch the game.

-- Renaming it or moving it to the desktop will help you have a backup and keep your Sims 4 files safe.

3. Repair the Sims 4 game. In Origin > Game Library - right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - To make sure the install files and such are in working order.

4. Try launching the game, play a new save. If it's not working, don't save. However, if everything is playing okay then start putting the files back. (list of files and folders below).

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Rest of the save games, if any.
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

-- Notes on Mods and Custom Content --

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

---

More information - Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...

If you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

Message 7 of 22 (12,397 Views)

★★★ Novice
Mine is not underage and it’s still not there
Message 8 of 22 (12,248 Views)

Hero

Hi @Beth06x 

do you have an option to go online in your game option ?

If not, then something about your account seems odd and you'll need to contact a game advisor

If you do,do you not have an option for the gallery or does it not connect ?

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (12,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for replying will definitely try this out i think there’s a youtube video of this so i will take at look! ❤️

Message 10 of 22 (11,875 Views)