Re: I didn't get the Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

UPDATE ON MY SITUATION: Finally got the bonus content but still have duplicate packs.

I had the Missing Bonus Content + Duplicate Packs issue and followed the instructions from staff in this thread to contact help via EA.Help.com. They weren't very helpful and just told me it was a fix in the works and many other players were also experiencing the same. I gave it some time after some repetitive back and forth with EA Help Staff. I decided to try asking their EA Help Twitter if there were other options where I could raise my concerns.

After talking with a very efficient and helpful person on EA Help's Twitter team, they were the ones that checked my account and unlocked my missing bonus content for me. When I asked if the Duplicate Pack issue could also be fixed they clearly told me there is no current update on fixing that yet.

It was very refreshing for someone to talk to me very plainly about the issues.

In conclusion, I now have the missing bonus content but still have the Duplicate Packs, but I will take this as a win. My suggestion is if the patch updates and whatever communication anyone has had with Help Staff via email doesn't work, try their Twitter Direct Messages.

If you do contact them there please remember to be civil and polite, they're not the ones who messed up after all.

Message 101 of 213 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Final Final Update?: 

Hey all!

Our process for handling these cases has just changed as of a few hours ago as noted above Standard smile 

If you purchased High School Years from Amazon and are missing the Vibing Streamer Gear content please reach out to an advisor here 
http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us or on Twitter at @EAHelp so we can verify your proof of purchase from Amazon and grant you the missing content. 

Please note: If you purchased High School Years from an unauthorized retailer such as (but not limited to) CDKeys, G2A, etc., you are not eligible for the Vibing Streamer Gear bonus content as they are not authorized retailers of our products (more information on that here).

Edit: This promotional timeframe has now ended and as such this thread is now locked. If you purchased The Sims 4: High School Years from an authorized retailer during this promotional period and did not receive the bonus content please reach out via the steps above for assistance.   

EACade
Message 102 of 213 (3,949 Views)

★★★★ Guide

iv got the pre-order content on my account but it doesn't show in game.

Message 103 of 213 (1,279 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What if I got it as a gift therefore I have no idea where it was bought? No content for me? 

Message 104 of 213 (1,206 Views)

no bonus content for High School Years

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? high school years, city living, snowy escape, get famous, discover university, dream home decorator, parenthood, spa day, nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My game doesn't have the bonus content
What do you expect to see? I would love to get the content
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i installed high school years

I got the origin code from a friend on the day of release, don't know where they got it from. Since then I do not have any bonus content in my digital game, even after the update

Message 105 of 213 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

I had recently got the pack on August 10th, 2022 and did not receive my streaming gear add on content even though it stated after adding the code it said add on content has been added to the game.

Message 106 of 213 (1,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade wrote:

Final Final Update?: 

Hey all!

Our process for handling these cases has just changed as of a few hours ago as noted above Standard smile 

If you purchased High School Years from Amazon and are missing the Vibing Streamer Gear content please reach out to an advisor here 
http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us or on Twitter at @EAHelp so we can verify your proof of purchase from Amazon and grant you the missing content. 

Please note, this only applies to Amazon purchases at this time.  

That's not true though. I contacted 3 different advisors and they all told me different things. One even told me to contact amazon and amazon said they can't help me and to contact EA. And then when I came back to EA, they said they can't provide me the content as they are awaiting further instructions. I even provided proof of purchase. I just feel cheated because it was advertised in the trailer and I was excited about it and now I feel like I'm jumping through hoops to get it.

Message 107 of 213 (934 Views)

@skyblu303330  Try contacting support again and linking EA_Cade's most recent post.  Sometimes the message doesn't get through to all the support reps right away.  You may have better luck with EA Help on Twitter.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 108 of 213 (908 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you I'm waiting on EA via twitter rn but I did link the post EA_Cade made to the EA advisors and he said he ll ask his managers then came back and still said that I would have to wait. I appreciate you trying to help me, I will keep trying and provide an update on here
Message 109 of 213 (868 Views)

I can't get the Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello. I orderer the High School Years expansion trought FNAC and since i couldnt get the bonus i want to ask EA agents to please do what you did last year when an agent gave me the cottage living bonus even though i ordered trought the same retailer. Thanks

Its extremely unfair some agents are giving the bonus to people who order from cdkeys and amazon and not to the people who order from their one of the only country retail store FNAC Thanks

Message 110 of 213 (884 Views)