Re: I didn't get the Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content

by mhdrmlekoo

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Repairing the game doesn't fix the Expansion Pack appearing twice. Moreover, getting the bonus content also doesn't. 

Someone from EA would have to correct me there, but I believe one copy is the one you add with a key to the account (that doesn't have the bonus as they want you to use a second key), and the other one showing is an Origin version (which has the bonus items injected). Basically if you'd buy through Origin you wouldn't have this bug with two Expansions showing. And you can't download the other copy because if it's Origin one that you don't own then it's only highlighted as Owned as a bug related to owning a key version, the one that shows up as Installed.

It's only my speculation though (that I hope I explained clearly).

Message 91 of 213 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is my current situation. No one has helped me with my issue of duplicate packs. The forum staff tell us to go to EA Support for help, and guess what EA Support says to wait for the Twitter to update. Furthermore, they completely ignore my concerns and think I'm only asking about the missing bonus content when I'm also annoyed by the duplicates in my origin library.

I agree with your theory that this may be a bug with physical/retail/code packs VS. buying straight from Origin. I bought Cottage Living off of Origin last year and had no issues with the bonus content. Also, the second copy I cannot seem to download but 'Own' in Origin lists the add on content while the other one that I have been able to download doesn't.

It's ridiculous though how no one can really tell us to our faces what is the appropriate next step. I feel like everyone who got the duplicate pack glitch will have it indefinitely. Frown

Message 92 of 213 (1,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Solaire

Hi is there an update on this?

I spoke to Freddie from your Twitter Help team who said that Amazon UK had been sent codes for the items? This is his message:
"Thanks for reaching back out to me about this matter. I checked in on this and Amazon does indeed have codes to give to players who purchased The Sims 4 High School Years so they can receive the bonus content. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with this missing content. I recommend to keep contacting Amazon about this matter. Thank you for contacting us! If you have any other questions, you can reach out to us via https://help.ea.com/en/."

As you can imagine, Amazon UK say different.  I also have the two copies bug.  

Message 93 of 213 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ooleemme Hi, have you tried cross-sending the communication? Sending screenshots of what Amazon said to EA Help, and screenshots of what EA Help said to Amazon?

@EA_Cade @EA_Solaire Care for an update?

Message 94 of 213 (946 Views)

★★★ Guide

"Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with this missing content. I recommend to keep contacting Amazon about this matter."

Just to be clear. EA says it cant fix its game and wants you to contact amazon to fix it instead?

Message 95 of 213 (930 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I ordered the game through Origin itself the app and I did not get the additional content on release day either, and I still do not have it in my game.

Message 96 of 213 (879 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got the pack from a giveaway and got a code but no extra content. the same thing happened to me last year with cottage living but the items where in my game the next day. 

Message 97 of 213 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi @guccispiders , so you just received the add on content a bit later than when you redeemed your code? No duplicate packs happened?

Message 98 of 213 (673 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i bought my game through amazon to and i was only sent one code for the game 

Message 99 of 213 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I am also receiving this issue. I purchased The Sims 4 Highschool Years expansion pack Friday through Amazon for Mac, and when I loaded it into my game, the bonus content for the DLC was not in my game. I went to the main menu and saw two copies of The Sims 4 Highschool Years: one saying I owned the pack and one stating the DLC is unowned. I closed out of my game, went into Origin, and noticed that there also were two versions of the TS4 HSY expansion pack. I uninstalled the DLC and attempted to download the second duplicate to see if the content would load up. Unfortunately, Origin wouldn't let me download the second version and only allowed me to purchase the pack as a gift since the DLC is linked to my account. Please Help; I would love to have the bonus content in-game.

Message 100 of 213 (557 Views)