Re: I didn't get the Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content

by LunarBritney

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Falls I received the Expansion for you, in partnership with you, can you talk to me in private?

I'm a streamer, content creator and community owner that has been around for 20 years....
Message 81 of 213 (887 Views)

★★★ Guide

"The only acceptable solution to this issue is for EA to give out the items to everyone that adds the HSY EP to their EA account before the 8th of September 2022."

I just dont see why this isnt the most obvious and only way to do things since cottage living. I dont believe for a second they created keys that unlock the pre-order items. That would be just unbelievable incompetent because it completely ignores how players download the game or when they need to download it again incase they reinstall the game. A flag on the account, an additional file to download, a mechanism to check for the flag and done.

"No one here seems to know who is an actual authorised retailer, not even retailers from your very short list under the link you provided are supplying people with the promised bonus."

The list is hidden in the dumbest way possible on this page: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/
See screenshot attached.

I only found it by accident.

Message 82 of 213 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Zasz_Zerg I already explained earlier in the thread that this link is absolutely not sufficient as it doesn't include any local retailers.

Compare even North America and Europe sections - all that Europe has is Amazon and GameStop. America at least has Walmart or Target added... The biggest "local" retailer I can think of in Europe is Media Markt, operating in multiple European countries. The only way I can check if I have chances of getting the bonus content at their store is if they have a promo picture on their website... but if you read the thread even further I had a situation in which my store [as in the one I placed my order at] also had the promo picture on their website, and they removed it on release day. Thankfully after calling and messaging them I finally got my bonus code, but if a store can put up even a screenshot of the promo on their website, possibly remove it in the meantime as well, and when a customer returns for a code tell them to "go to EA", then the whole organisation of this promo is just a laughing matter. Because clearly EA has no means of verifying the stores or holding them accountable. 

If they had, I believe this thread wouldn't be that long.

EDIT: And once again I point out that even people that purchased HSY through Amazon are reporting their bonus content missing. Even PSN players reported it. This link is just pointless. 

Message 83 of 213 (852 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was only pointing out that there is a list the community manager is pointing at, that its essentially hidden for no good reason and as you explained its inaccurate and in dire need of an update. But looking at the official responses I doubt there will be any news as soon as the people somehow get their bonus items. Until the next expansion will suffer the same problem and Im sure that will be the next expansion with pre-order items. I wonder what excuse they will make up then.

Message 84 of 213 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Zasz_Zerg Yes yes. Sorry if I sounded rude or anything, I'm only annoyed at this situation happening. I'm aware not everyone will read through the whole thread so I wanted to sum up what I said earlier. I hope you didn't take it personally.

Message 85 of 213 (806 Views)

★★ Guide

This is just unbelievable.

Message 86 of 213 (768 Views)

★★★ Guide

No worries. My skin isnt that thin Standard smile

Message 87 of 213 (751 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think I know why my items don't appear, it says that I don't have the new expansion pack, and I do, look at how it shows for me to buy, and two identical expansion packs appear.

Message 88 of 213 (722 Views)

★★★ Guide

Have you repaired your game yet?

Message 89 of 213 (671 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Zasz_Zerg yes. twice
Message 90 of 213 (665 Views)