Re: I didn't get the Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content

by Zasz_Zerg

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey all, 

Final update on this issue: We have now confirmed that all authorized retailers have been supplied codes for the Vibing Streamer Gear content and have the ability to distribute them, if you purchased The Sims 4: High School Years pack and haven't received your bonus content please reach out to the retailer for a code. 

If you purchased from Origin/EA App and are missing the content please contact us at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for further assistance. 

If you purchased from an ineligible retailer we will not be able to assist you further with this issue, for a list of eligible retailers in your area you can check the EA Help article here

EACade
Message 61 of 213 (1,325 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Cade,

I don't want to repeat myself so please refer to my previous reply regarding the same topic. The link you're providing doesn't mention any local retailers, especially for Europe. You haven't commented on that and that was also the issue for some, that they bought a box version of the Expansion and didn't get their preorder bonus.

Message 62 of 213 (1,099 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't say how upset I am by this response. I bought my game at one of the biggest retailers in Austria and did not receive a code. When I ask them about the bonus they keep referring me to EA support, as it is your software. EA support keeps referring me to the retailer. The retailer already made their sale, they are not interested in helping me and I cannot exchange the game since I already redeemed my code. 

Instead of apologizing for the constant fiascos with broken and buggy Sims releases, the loyal players get nothing. Corparate geed at its highest level. It would cost you literally nothing to distribute a code to people who did not get one and come seeking help at EA support. I have bought every Sims game so far despite all the mess-ups and never complained or posted anywhere online, but this might just be the final straw. 

Again, it would not be that hard to distribute codes via EA Help to people who did not receive the content, but instead you give one "final update" saying that some of us are out of luck and that there is nothing you will do about it. 

Message 63 of 213 (984 Views)

★ Guide

No offence but this whole situation is just unprofessional. Why not share a list of all eligible retailers beforehand? It's not the first time this has happened either.

Message 64 of 213 (959 Views)

★★★ Guide

"If you purchased from an ineligible retailer we will not be able to assist you further with this issue "

Every retailer gets their codes from the same place. From EA. Where exactly are those "ineligible" retailers getting their codes if not from EA?

Message 65 of 213 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sure would be helpful to get more ''eligible'' retailers added to that list other than just the digital ones. And honestly, still, the communication is so poor on this. Hope something is gonna be posted on EA help or Sims twitter for the people who don't watch the forums 24/7 so they know whether to contact EA (again) to try and receive their codes - which shouldn't even be a thing.

Message 66 of 213 (935 Views)

Re: Two versions of HSY in origin

★ Novice

I'd appreciate help with this, too. I heard that anyone who purchases the pack before September should have the pre-order bonus installed automatically but I'm also unable to download it. 

Message 67 of 213 (802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I reached out to Amazon and their support says that they don't know about any codes and it is an EA issue. 

As a person who happily spends the money on new content for this game, I feel cheated.  Obviously there was an issue with the distribution system and EA needs to give their support reps the power to resolve the issue and not push it back to the retailer support teams who have no idea what is going on. 

Message 68 of 213 (884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my name is Samuel and i'm from italy, because my origin is showing two times the sims 4 high school years, one of them is whitout the pre-order bonus, and the other is whit them, but when i click download on the version whit the bonus nothing happen. I tried repairing the gaim and trying to install the other version but nothing still heppen. When i open the game there are 2 version in my library of the sims 4 high school years, one say that i own it, and the ither one(whit the bonus content) say that i dont own it. Correct me if i'm wrong but I remeber sawing a post or live that said that you would still have reciver ur pre-order content by buying the expantion pack on other website, but i didnt recived it.I'm really sad because all i wanted in my childood was to own all the sims 4 content, but now i cant. Please help me i'm in tears. 

P.S. the photo are in italian sorry abouth that

Message 69 of 213 (862 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Cade ,

Does your instruction for us to turn to EA Support include the customers that have missing Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content AND experienced having duplicate High School Years Expansion Packs appear in their Origin Libraries and their In Game Main Menus? Or is this only for those with JUST the missing add on content?

I'm sure you have read through all the issues in this thread and are aware a lot of us also have that additional issue where it says we own the game but have an additional version of it we cannot download for some reason, and it won't disappear from Origin or the Main Menu.

Please advise on how we would proceed as inquired above.

Thanks for the assistance.

See attached photos for your reference again.

Message 70 of 213 (853 Views)