Re: I did everything and still can't bring my CC back into the Sims 4

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 No worries on the OneDrive thing. It seems like your game is using the correct User folder which is good news. Weird that the game did not generate a new Mods folder when you launched it. Was the game running when you moved your old Mods folder to your Desktop? You'll want to make sure the game is not running and that you move the entire Mods folder to your Desktop, not just the contents. Maybe try re-launching the game one more time before the next step? The entire file-path for your Mods folder should be:

C:\Users\RAC\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

EDIT: You're saying that you are seeing a Resource.cfg file? Which folder is that file located in? Would it be possible to take a screenshot of your Sims 4 folder & attach it to a reply?

Message 11 of 22 (474 Views)

★★★ Novice

@RandomBuzziness Well that's good to know! And no, my game wasn't running at the time that I moved my mods folder to my Desktop. And also, the Resource file is located in TS4 folder.

Message 12 of 22 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 There definitely seem to be some strange things going on in there. The Resource.cfg file should be in a Mods folder (that is missing altogether) and you are missing several other files that should have been generated when you re-launched the game after moving your old Mods folder to your Desktop. For example there should be a localthumbcache.package file and I do not see it in there either. There is another thing we can try but I'd like to verify a few things first. You definitely re-launched your game & started a new test game after moving the Mods folder to your Desktop? Also, I cannot see a file-path in that screenshot. Can you confirm these folders are in the same location as the file-path you listed in Post #10? Either that or retake the screenshot and include the address bar above the list of those files. We want to make sure we're looking in the right folders.

C:\Users\RAC\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Thanks for the replies and your patience on this. We want to get everything back & working again but we want to be careful with how we do it.

Message 13 of 22 (440 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh your most welcome, oh wait! Before I do all of that, I remember there was a  localthumbcache.package file in my old mods folder yesterday and I took it out a put it in my documents, and I'm just wondering, can I put it back into my Sims 4 folder without ruining things? The file itself is located somewhere on my documents. I'm just wondering, cuz if I can do it maybe it'll work.....? :/

Message 14 of 22 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 The localthumbcache.package file should never be in your Mods folder, it's always located in your Sims 4 folder. It's a cache file where the game will store certain data for fast retrieval whenever it needs it while you are playing. If you have any outdated mods or CC that is causing problems in your game, some of the bad data from those files might be stored in the localthumbcache.package and continue to cause problems in your game even after you remove the mods or CC. This is why it's a good idea to delete the localthumbcache.package file any time you make changes to the contents of your Mods folder. The game will auto-generate a new one the next time you launch it. There should have been one in your Sims 4 folder from when you re-launched your game after moving your old Mods folder to your Desktop. That we are not seeing one, along with a new Mods folder, after you re-launched your game has me concerned we are still not looking in the correct User file. That's why I was asking about OneDrive.

If you haven't already re-launched the game since you moved your old Mods folder to your Desktop, then try that now. If all works the way it should then you will have a new Mods folder (empty except for the Resource.cfg file) and a new localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder. After you have tried the re-launch, it would still be a good idea if you could attach another screenshot of your Sims 4 folder including the address bar so we can be certain we are looking in the correct folder before we try the next step.

Message 15 of 22 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hmm, but just one question though, can I delete the  localthumbcache.package file and/or the Resource file as well that's in my documents or no? I just wanna make sure, also I've relaunched the game and nothing happened.

Message 16 of 22 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 In the screenshot you attached in Post #10 there was no localthumbcache.package file to delete. The next step will be to try to generate an all new Sims 4 folder but we need to make sure we are looking at the right user folder before we should try that. If we generate an all new Sims 4 folder then you won't have to worry about deleting anything for now. Can you attach the screenshot of your current Sims 4 folder including the address bar? If we are looking at the wrong user folder then the next step will not work.

Also, can you clarify what you mean that nothing happened when you tried to launch your game? Does this mean the game was not able to launch?

Message 17 of 22 (391 Views)

★★★ Novice

@RandomBuzziness *Sighs* I'm very sorry to kinda cut this short, but is it alright for you if we can continue this tomorrow? Lol, I feel myself almost falling asleep! I hope you don't mind, and besides, I wan't you to have a goodnight's rest as well. Standard smile

Message 18 of 22 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 Lol sorry get some sleep. We can try the next parts whenever, it doesn't even have to be tomorrow, just tag me when you want to pick this up again.

Message 19 of 22 (366 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lol, it's cool! And thanks! Goodnight and thank you again, see u later alligator! ;D

Message 20 of 22 (353 Views)