Re: I did everything and still can't bring my CC back into the Sims 4

by DWZ3

Original Post

I did everything and still can't bring my CC back into the Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Sul-Sul! For those who are reading this is probably wondering "What does she mean by "I did everything"?, well let me start by the beginning. One day, I was about to play the Sims 4 (at the time I had all of my custom content) so I went into to game and I've noticed that my CC were not in the game, for some reason everything had reset. So, I put the settings back to what they were before and moved on to my CC situation, I was like, "Pfffft! I've done this before, all I have to do is take out my CC in the mods folder and put them back in my mods folder." well that option sure as hell didn't work. So I tried another way, repeatedly updating and disabling and enabling the CC options and popping in and out of the game and STILL no positive result, and I started to look up different ways to bring my CC back into the game before I do the last resort (in other words, deleting all my old CC and replace it with the same but better files). And so, I looked up different ways to bring my CC back, I did it and it still didn't work and I also tried different ways and that still did not work. Finally, I've done the last resort and after 1 week and a few days of re-downloading all of my CC IT. STILL. DOESN'T. WORK! I did updated the game before I put my CC in my mods folder, then go back into the game to check no CC, I disabled the CC and updated the game again (I forgot to disable the CC option) still didn't work, I've enabled the CC option and yet again nothing happened. So, finally all fed up, I came here told you what happened and now I'm trying so hard to find the answer, if any, just ANY of you guys know the answer/solution to my problem PLEASE share I would truly do appreciated it if you will. Thank you very much for listening out, and thanks for the answers! :D

Message 1 of 22 (666 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @DWZ3,

Just to let you know I have moved your post from 'Other games' to The Sims 4 boards!
Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 2 of 22 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 Which platform are you using, PC or Mac? There are a few things you can try that we can go over here, but the troubleshooting steps might vary for the different platforms.

Message 3 of 22 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@RandomBuzziness I'm using my gaming laptop not PC, though I'm not sure if laptops in general fall into the same category as PC. But overall, I'm using my laptop.

Message 4 of 22 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Cath  Oh, thank you!

Message 5 of 22 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 No worries I also use a laptop. Mainly I was trying to find out if you were using Windows or Mac. Sorry for the confusion.

Sometimes the game stops recognizing the Mods folder and a way to fix it is to get the game to create a new one. Can you try doing this?

• Move your entire Mods folder to your Desktop. Don't delete anything from it, just keep it safe there for now. This is your backup.
  • Launch Sims 4 and start a New Game test save. This should get the game to create a new Mods folder. You don't have to keep playing you can just exit right away if you want.
  • Next go back to your old Mods folder on your Desktop and copy one or a few CC files to the new Mods folder in your Sims 4 folder. Use copy & paste not cut & paste. We still want to keep everything in your old Mods folder as a backup. Your new Mods folder should already have a file called Resource.cfg-- don't do anything with this file, it should be fine as is.
  • Launch your game again & double-check that CC and Mods are still enabled in your game options. Hopefully you should see the CC files you just copied over back in your game.
  • If this all works you can copy & paste the rest of your CC files into the new Mods folder.

Hopefully this fixes things but if not let us know, there are other things we can try. This is the easiest fix & often works. Good luck! :D

Message 6 of 22 (610 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright! Thank you very much, I'll send feedback if it works! Standard smile

Message 7 of 22 (593 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I have a slight problem, for some reason a new mods folder isn't there but the Resource.cfg is there.

Message 8 of 22 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DWZ3 Do you use OneDrive? If so, can you check if there is a Sims 4 folder in your OneDrive? Sometimes after installing a game patch update the game will create a new Sims 4 user folder in cloud storage like OneDrive. If your game is using that folder in OneDrive as your current user folder then it won't see any changes you make in your regular Documents folder.

Here's something you can check real quick: Start the game and look at your Load Game screen and hover over the little folder icon next to the household thumbnail. There will be a pop-up window with the file path of that save file and this should tell you which User folder the game is using. You don't have to click on it, just hover over it. It will look something like this:

Save game file path.JPG

This shows that my game is looking in my C:\Users\Registered User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves folder for my save files. This is the file-path for my user folder. Can you take a screenshot like this or write down the entire file-path for where your game is currently looking for your save files and attach it to a reply?

Message 9 of 22 (568 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Here you go! Also, I don't have OneDrive unfortunately.

Message 10 of 22 (547 Views)