I changed the language in The Sims 4 and my saved games are gone

by EmmaYasmijn

Original Post

I changed the language in The Sims 4 and my saved games are gone

★★★ Newbie

When I downloaded The Sims 4, I played in Dutch. This was no problem for me at the time, but I recently decided to change it to English. However, now that I've done it, I basically had to start over. All my saved games (and there were a lot) are gone and my gallery is empty. I've been playing for some time now and don't want all my progress to be gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Message 1 of 3 (2,087 Views)

Re: I changed the language in The Sims 4 and my saved games are gone

@EmmaYasmijn  Your user data—saves, saved households and builds, screenshots, etc.—is saved in the Sims 4 user folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The Dutch user folder is localized, as in, it's named "De Sims 4" rather than "The Sims 4."  When you switched to English, the game didn't find a "The Sims 4" user folder, so it created a new one with no content.

All you need to do is copy the files from the relevant folders in "De Sims 4" to the ones in "The Sims 4," and your content should appear in-game.  Saves are in the saves folder, saved households and builds are in Tray, screenshots are in Screenshots, etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (2,072 Views)

Re: I changed the language in The Sims 4 and my saved games are gone

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!!!!

Message 3 of 3 (1,843 Views)