Re: I changed the game version in the documents and now I can’t

by crinrict

Original Post

I changed the game version in the documents and now I can’t

★★ Novice

Hi. I recently updated the sims 4 and I realised the mods were disabled, which is fine because that normally happens after an update. So, I enabled them and restarted back up and it didn’t work. I double check if it was my mods or cc but it wasn’t. I then looked up what to do and the game version in my documents didn’t match up with the in-game version. I edited the document with the current one and now I can’t start sims 4. Please help!

Message 1 of 5 (182 Views)

★★ Novice

I also can’t remember the old game version so I’m stuck.

Message 2 of 5 (181 Views)

Hero
@littlemisssimbot just delete the file you edited and let the game create a new one.

Are you using avast or avira ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (158 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for responding. The game didn’t recreate another game version document and I’m using AVG.

Message 4 of 5 (144 Views)

Hero
@littlemisssimbot Guess AVG is blocking your user folder then.

Try this: https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html#avast

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)