I cant play sims 4 with newest version of origin(solved)

by KnightmareHearts

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cant play sims 4 with newest version of origin(solved)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I updated my origin program to the newest version the last time I was with my dad (my only source of WiFi at the moment), last Friday, and ever since I came back home and tried to play any of my origin games, Sims 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition, it wants me to login. But every time I try to login it gives me the 'you must me online to login for the first time' message. What do I do?
Message 1 of 8 (372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cant play sims 4 with newest version of origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Thank you @Phantomlover1717

Origin 10 is a bit different, aside from the fact that is is a totally new Origin so, as far as it is concerned, you have never logged in and allowed it to authenticate your account. You MUST be online to do that.

Once that is done, it will allow you to play OFFLINE for a while, then it's going to want to be online again to validate you again. Rebooting or powering off the computer can reset that, I've had it hold once in a short power outage and, reset the nest time over just a few minutes longer.

As a general rule, the first time you log in after each reboot of your computer, you need to be online.

I understand that you don't have internet at home right now and, want to play your games at home. I would to. So here's what you can do, go to a public hot spot, a friend or neighbor that has internet, just for a few minutes to log in to Origin then, put it in OFFLINE mode by clicking the word ORIGIN at the top and selecting Go Offline. DO NOT EXIT ORIGIN, DO NOT REBOOT OR TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF, put it in sleep mode and take it home. Enjoy your games.

I know that isn't ideal for a laptop but, it's the best you can do until you get internet at home.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (345 Views)

All Replies

Do you have an internet connection for your computer at your current location?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
No. We just moved and money is tight so we can't get WiFi currently. Why I posted was because just a few weeks ago it was working and I could play them all I wanted. But suddenly after I updated it didn't work.
Message 3 of 8 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]

Could you give these a try:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HOW-TO-Origin-Login-Unavailable-You-must-be-online-when-logging/m-p/...

Edit: to be sure I'll tag @DarkAmaranth1966 who has some what more experience with Origin issues.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Thank you @Phantomlover1717

Origin 10 is a bit different, aside from the fact that is is a totally new Origin so, as far as it is concerned, you have never logged in and allowed it to authenticate your account. You MUST be online to do that.

Once that is done, it will allow you to play OFFLINE for a while, then it's going to want to be online again to validate you again. Rebooting or powering off the computer can reset that, I've had it hold once in a short power outage and, reset the nest time over just a few minutes longer.

As a general rule, the first time you log in after each reboot of your computer, you need to be online.

I understand that you don't have internet at home right now and, want to play your games at home. I would to. So here's what you can do, go to a public hot spot, a friend or neighbor that has internet, just for a few minutes to log in to Origin then, put it in OFFLINE mode by clicking the word ORIGIN at the top and selecting Go Offline. DO NOT EXIT ORIGIN, DO NOT REBOOT OR TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF, put it in sleep mode and take it home. Enjoy your games.

I know that isn't ideal for a laptop but, it's the best you can do until you get internet at home.

Message 5 of 8 (346 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you so much. Sadly I live in a tiny secluded town so no WiFi anywhere. I'm pretty sad I can't play my games. There's nothing to do here. I'll make sure I don't turn off my computer the next time I go to my dad's or maybe my friend's house. EA is really starting to make me mad with this stuff. This is stupid. But thanks again. You're a life saver.
Message 6 of 8 (322 Views)

Hero

If you have Internet through your phone, you can try make that a hotspot for activating the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (306 Views)

★★★ Expert

McDonalds generally have Wifi, and all you need to do is purchase one item, even a small drink or small fries, and ask for access. In the USA some states now offer 30 minutes of free WiFi in Welcome Centers along freeways.

Car and truck as well as Semi Truck dealers are another source of Free Wifi, just go in and ask, most have it and Some you don't have to ask, it isn't secured so you can just use it.

Message 8 of 8 (295 Views)