I cant go upstairs in sims 4

by lunarsona

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I cant go upstairs in sims 4

★★★ Novice

So I tried everything and more I turned moveingobjects off and deleting the stair rails and more I still can't go upstairs anymore, I did get some of the houses off the library ((I forgot what it was actually called but the thing you go to, to get sims and houses and lot and stuff, but I just cant I'm gonna to verify the game files and see what happens but I still want suggestions and help in this situation

Message 1 of 9 (63,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cant go upstairs in sims 4

★★ Pro

Wow... ok, @lunarsona I really should have asked as it's always going to be the first thing for a broken game, separate into subfolders to be quicker. Could be an Interaction Mod.. VIP sims has a large list of broken mods.. 

1: Take them all out

2: Put them back in 1 folder or 'group' of them, at a time (al lot of people use the 50/50 approach; half of them)

3: Launch your game (each time) and try everything you need before exiting and adding more folders to narrow it down.

Always try to check game mods and keep them updated especially after The Sims 4 has been updated, or you add a pack

Cheers, Sasha

nb: let me know if it works and would appreciate you marking this as having solved your problem if so. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (66,546 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi there @lunarsona 

I've had a similar thing happen to me but with a kitchen area, and no idea why they couldn't cook.. the 'creator' of the house had arranged cupboards above the stove which hindered (them tossing stuff about while cooking.. lol) so they were too close, once moved it was fine. So, check whether they have built/used move objects to place something,, it could even be a picture or wall light hanging too low.. something with a large footprint (especially when it's been made bigger) also hinders sims moving around at times

2: (less likely) had deleted a stairway's alcove doorway to it once by accident, the house was so huge didn't even notice it! Also check if they've used move objects for the actual stairway and that it's not placed strangely, angle etc and sims have a proper square or two at the base of it.

Hope this helps..

Sasha

nb: best way to find the hindrance, is in both build and live mode, have walls up and zoom out.. Wink

Message 2 of 9 (63,170 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I did that and more I made a basement for them to live in for now and they refuse to go downstairs I even did a fix game on origin and still no avail I'm actually annoyed right now I don't know why it's bugging out I literally have everything even moveobjects off and checked EVERYTHING and I don't know what to do there are no objects in the way

Message 3 of 9 (63,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

How is it in a different lot? @lunarsona (ie: a Maxis base game, or lot that was already in the game) As something is obviously wrong with that lot perhaps?

Also, just double checking that you did mean you got the houses from the Origin Gallery and not somewhere like The Sims Resource (TSR)?

Sasha

Message 4 of 9 (63,138 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I did sorry I forgot what it was, I will try another lot maybe it was the house or lot

Message 5 of 9 (63,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope, I tried a Maxis, sim made house and still can't even go in because the front door has steps to go in the house, would I have to reinstall everything?

Message 6 of 9 (63,110 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @lunarsona 

Was tired yesterday, forgot to ask do you have any mods or cc?

Message 7 of 9 (63,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah and I think that might be the problem, I have so much, I might have to delete and reinstall some stuff

Message 8 of 9 (63,091 Views)

★★ Pro

Wow... ok, @lunarsona I really should have asked as it's always going to be the first thing for a broken game, separate into subfolders to be quicker. Could be an Interaction Mod.. VIP sims has a large list of broken mods.. 

1: Take them all out

2: Put them back in 1 folder or 'group' of them, at a time (al lot of people use the 50/50 approach; half of them)

3: Launch your game (each time) and try everything you need before exiting and adding more folders to narrow it down.

Always try to check game mods and keep them updated especially after The Sims 4 has been updated, or you add a pack

Cheers, Sasha

nb: let me know if it works and would appreciate you marking this as having solved your problem if so. 

Message 9 of 9 (66,547 Views)