Re: I cant click in certain areas

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cant click in certain areas

★★★ Newbie

I am not able to click in a certain area (Specifically a slim bar going side to side, ending in the middle and starting at the middle right of my screen.) and I don't know what to do. Whenever my cursor is in that area, it turns into a regular cursor, like the one that would appear on your normal desktop. I have tried restarting and shutting down my computer, and I have looked for situations similar to mine, but I have found none. Please help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2 (537 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Catgirl423  The first thing to do is to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode to see if it makes a difference.  I take it that this problem is present no matter where in the world the game camera is?  If not, please be more specific about when this happens.

It's also worth loading a new save in a clean game folder to see if it makes any difference.  Drag your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  Whether the issue is still present in the new folder will help narrow down the cause.

Beyond that, it might help to look over a dxdiag.  You can run one and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (524 Views)

All Replies

@Catgirl423  The first thing to do is to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode to see if it makes a difference.  I take it that this problem is present no matter where in the world the game camera is?  If not, please be more specific about when this happens.

It's also worth loading a new save in a clean game folder to see if it makes any difference.  Drag your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  Whether the issue is still present in the new folder will help narrow down the cause.

Beyond that, it might help to look over a dxdiag.  You can run one and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (525 Views)