I cant click anything!

by glassesguy333

Original Post

I cant click anything!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? idk im srry
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none! only the sims 4 game is downloaded
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what that means so im not sure. I don't even know if its a bug but im still having problems!
What happens when the bug occurs? uh itdoesnt allow me to click on ANYTHING and i was at the point where i was customizing my sim so then i cant save or exit the game cause i cant click the buttons that i need to
What do you expect to see? uh it just happened now and i pretty much cant do anything so- uh- help
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

so i had a couple other tabs open like discord, skype, and spotify. im on a Microsoft pc so my keyboard has a button with the Microsoft logo on it. when i press it, it takes me out of the tab (doesn't close the tab, just takes me out of it so i can simply click on the sims 4 tab to keep on playing) so i could go on discord and type to my friends. i also screenshared to my friends so i could show them me playing sims 4. i went back and forth to discord multiple times.  forgot what i was doing but i think i was doing it for a certain amount of time (probably a couple minutes i guess), then i suddenly couldn't click anything. i was also almost done customizing! the graphics were fine and clear, wasn't laggy. it was normal. the music was fine. everything looked fine until i moved my mouse, clicked on the shirt buttion that let me customize my sim's clothing, but then it didn't let me click it. i am still having a tremendous breakdown right now because im worried i cant save my best sim creation yet! 

Message 1 of 5 (309 Views)

Re: I cant click anything!

★ Novice
please ask questions or info you need to help because i don't know what's happening
Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

Hero

Hi @glassesguy333

moving this post to tech for troubleshooting.

As you stated that you're using mods, did you try without any ?

Lots of them are outdated with this patch, especially all script mods.

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (291 Views)

★ Novice

I made this post when I was freaking out! I was so worried that my progress would be lost. sadly, I had to shut down my computer and go back onto the sims 4 with no more of my beautiful created sim. :-(

Message 4 of 5 (262 Views)

Hero
Does it work now if you re-open the game and try again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)