I cannot place objects in Build/Buy

by corndolphins

Original Post

I cannot place objects in Build/Buy

★★ Apprentice

I have updated the game today with the new patch, after loading the game with Mods enabled I cannot place objects in Build/Buy mode! Other friends are complaining of this issue, please please patch this fast! Sims is now unplayable, I cannot build Frown

Message 2 of 104 (12,539 Views)

24/03/2021 Update: BB mode not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just updated sims for new patch with bunk beds etc, BB mode isn’t working for objects by rooms, is working for objects but once I click on an item, it will not place the object. I’ve repaired my game, still won’t work. Not sure if it’s a bug that’s came with the update but I’ve never been affected by an update until now. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 104 (12,528 Views)

Latest Update Broke Build and Buy Mode - Can't select or Buy anything

★★★★ Novice

Latest Bunk Bed Update broke my Build and Buy Mode. I can't select any items from Build and Buy Mode after update. I can't select anything or drag anything into game. 

Message 3 of 104 (12,523 Views)

Re: I cannot place objects in Build/Buy

★★★★ Novice
@corndolphins Me too. I'm a builder it's the only thing I do... Frown
Good to know it's not just me so I know the problem is on EA's end.
Message 4 of 104 (12,523 Views)

@corndolphins @meganmcevillyy and @Rheandor  Please remove the Better Build/Buy mod, if you have it, and delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If that doesn't help, or you don't have the mod, please move your entire Mods folder to your desktop, delete localthumbcache (again), and test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 104 (12,516 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the quick help. I had Better Build/Buy. Removing it and deleting localthumbcache worked for me. Thanks a million! :D
Message 6 of 104 (12,497 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! Thank you for your prompt response. I am so glad this problem is not isolated to me.

I don’t have this mod, however, I will do this (probably tomorrow evening now as I have work) and let you know. 

Thanks again for your help, fingers crossed it works Standard smile

Message 7 of 104 (12,486 Views)

Re: Idk what’s wrong

★ Novice

Hi can you help me? recently my game has been acting weird and i can't place anything down in build mode and also when i'm in CAS all my stuff is spaced out and i can't see my cc

Message 8 of 104 (12,476 Views)

@K3y0nnaaa  I've merged your post with anotehr thread on this issue.  Please see my earlier post for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 104 (12,470 Views)

★ Novice

I appreciate you so much !!!! Thank youu 

Message 10 of 104 (12,451 Views)