Re: Build Mode Problems

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Re: CANT PLACE IN BUILD MODE

★★★ Newbie
@xcheyenne_o3 i have tried to place stairs when building and cant. didn't get much farther than that. walls sort of worked but stairs? i cant even click the stairs i want. tried with and without mods
Message 61 of 104 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert
Message 62 of 104 (441 Views)

Re: I cannot place objects in Build/Buy

★ Novice

Hi puzzlezaddict!! Thank you, this worked for me. Quick question, do you know if we can put the Better Build/Buy mod back into the game after deleting the localthumbache.package? Or is it both that are creating the issue with placing objects in the build/buy mode?

I love your profile picture by the way! Adorable kitty Heart

Message 63 of 104 (449 Views)

Bug on building

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just cats and dogs expansion pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open build mode and try to place an object
What happens when the bug occurs? When I’m trying to finish my house I can only place walls and pools, everything else will not allow me to click on it and place it in the world. I’ve already checked if it was my mods that caused this but it’s not.
What do you expect to see? That I can actually place objects in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There’s no screens shots to be shown. As soon as you go into the game and try to build you should see the problem. 

Message 64 of 104 (449 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@wastedlizzy Update any mods by TwistedMexi. Better Build/Buy, Expanded Catalog, etc
Message 65 of 104 (431 Views)

Re: Bug on building

Hero
@ChemicalShi @xcheyenne_o3

Merged your posts with the main thread.

Please make sure to delete localthumbcache file after removing mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 104 (436 Views)

The Sims 4- i can't place objects

★ Novice

Since the new update I have not been able too
place objects in the world, in the configuration mode it does not work but in the inventory of the family I can put objects in the world.

Message 67 of 104 (422 Views)

Sims 4

★★★ Novice

My sims 4 won’t let me place my objects into the world - any objects including windows it won’t let me properly click on them 

Message 68 of 104 (429 Views)

Re: I cannot place objects in Build/Buy

@kellygirl924  You'll need an updated version of Better Build/Buy.  Since the current version is dated two days ago, it should be fine, but test anyway to make sure.

And thanks, I think he's adorable too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 69 of 104 (423 Views)

Re: Sims 4

[ Edited ]

@esthergrosve and @SetinhasIA  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-cannot-place-objects-in-Build-Buy/m-p/10187938#M2113...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 70 of 104 (416 Views)