Re: I cannot open the gallery or a pack but origin says I have a connection...

by nd334185

Original Post

I cannot open the gallery or a pack but origin says I have a connection...

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

When I load up Sims 4, origin says I am online and I can play Sims. However, when I try to open the gallery or access a pack it says 'connection required'. So I press 'connect', but then it says 'unable to connect'. I don't understand  cause I have Wi-Fi and Origin says I am online. 

Please can someone help me fix this. I have no idea what the problem is!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @markasuttle

Thanks for providing that information. That error message 'unable to connect' usually points to connectivity issues. It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @markasuttle.

I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/. We found that they've helped some other members who've encountered this error message in the past. The steps will take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do give them all a go. 

Let me know how you get on.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (229 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same thing with me, I press connect and it freezes for like a few seconds and then it says unable to connect. I don't know why it's doing this my internet connection is fine. 

Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe any people are having this issue since the last update. It has nothing to do with internet connection since were all connected and origin is showing as online when outside of the game. 

Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)