I can't use tab in sims

by JoosuaSan

Original Post

I can't use tab in sims

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Sims4 on my PC and can't use TAB to go into free cam mode, instead it moves the camera backwards. Same thing with shift tab but even further away.

I had downloaded mods BUT I have removed them. After that I tried repairing the game but that didn't do anything. After that I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried it again no. Then I once again repaired but no.

I have looked into the matter and there doesn't seem to be a control board in the game where I could possibly set the free cam button back to TAB. Even so I have tried pressing every single button on my keyboards to no conclusion. Please help.

I have this game on my laptop where this problem was nowhere to be seen. Thank you.

Message 1 of 13 (2,756 Views)

Re: I can't use tab in sims

Hero
@JoosuaSan What kind of keyboard layout are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using a Finnish QWERTY keyboard language. Its a hyper x keyboard.

Message 3 of 13 (2,707 Views)

Hero
@JoosuaSan Could you test if it works if you switch to US Keyboard on Windows ? Just for testing if that makes any difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I did and nothing happened, thanks for the help either way.

Message 5 of 13 (2,686 Views)

Hero
@JoosuaSan DO you have another keyboard you could try to make sure it's not an issue with the keyboard ?

Could you try deleting the following file:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\VideoCameraStates\VideoCameraStates.ini

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,656 Views)

★★ Guide

I had the exact same problem with my azerty keyboard and the jumping backwards, but I did manage to fix it with a combination of putting origin and the sims in us english (it was like that), as well as linking the US English keyboard to a hotkey (ctrl +1) and using that hot key before pressing tab in live mode. I set my normal keyboard on another hotkey, so my keyboard does not remain all jumbled up.

Message 7 of 13 (2,418 Views)

Hero
@DeanXeL Are you on a finish keyboard as well or another layout ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Same issue here, TAB just moves the camera backwards
Message 9 of 13 (2,300 Views)

Hero
@TheNeimit what's your layout ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (2,282 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help