Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I can't use tab in sims

by JoosuaSan

Original Post

I can't use tab in sims

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Sims4 on my PC and can't use TAB to go into free cam mode, instead it moves the camera backwards. Same thing with shift tab but even further away.

I had downloaded mods BUT I have removed them. After that I tried repairing the game but that didn't do anything. After that I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried it again no. Then I once again repaired but no.

I have looked into the matter and there doesn't seem to be a control board in the game where I could possibly set the free cam button back to TAB. Even so I have tried pressing every single button on my keyboards to no conclusion. Please help.

I have this game on my laptop where this problem was nowhere to be seen. Thank you.

Message 1 of 10 (548 Views)

Re: I can't use tab in sims

Hero
@JoosuaSan What kind of keyboard layout are you using ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using a Finnish QWERTY keyboard language. Its a hyper x keyboard.

Message 3 of 10 (500 Views)

Hero
@JoosuaSan Could you test if it works if you switch to US Keyboard on Windows ? Just for testing if that makes any difference.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I did and nothing happened, thanks for the help either way.

Message 5 of 10 (479 Views)

Hero
@JoosuaSan DO you have another keyboard you could try to make sure it's not an issue with the keyboard ?

Could you try deleting the following file:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\VideoCameraStates\VideoCameraStates.ini

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (449 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the exact same problem with my azerty keyboard and the jumping backwards, but I did manage to fix it with a combination of putting origin and the sims in us english (it was like that), as well as linking the US English keyboard to a hotkey (ctrl +1) and using that hot key before pressing tab in live mode. I set my normal keyboard on another hotkey, so my keyboard does not remain all jumbled up.

Message 7 of 10 (211 Views)

Hero
@DeanXeL Are you on a finish keyboard as well or another layout ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (195 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Same issue here, TAB just moves the camera backwards
Message 9 of 10 (93 Views)

Hero
@TheNeimit what's your layout ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (75 Views)
Twitter Stream