Re: I can't use custom skin tones on occult sims

by crinrict

Original Post

I can't use custom skin tones on occult sims

★★★★★ Novice

With the latest patch for the sims 4, I've gotten a glitch with my Occult sims in CAS. The custom skin tones that used to appear don't appear anymore for some reason. They're available for human sims, and a few are available for Vampires, but Spellcasters don't have any options for them.

Message 1 of 7 (3,839 Views)

Hero
@cindefeplays Sorry for the late answers.

Maybe someone that was changed with the patch broke the skins. Did you check with the creator of the skins ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,793 Views)

★★★ Novice
@cindefeplays This is happening to me as well. Kinda scared to actually load any of my spellcaster households because I'm fearful that I'll lose the skintones that are on them already.
Message 3 of 7 (3,749 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The skins haven't been updated for years and the problem didn't start until a good amount of time after the last update. I also tried reinstalling my game and repairing my game and that did nothing. My current occult sims that had custom skin still have it by the way. For some reason, the options for custom skin just don't appear for occult sims. For example: I can use my custom skin on a mermaid's human form but I don't get the option for their mermaid form and I can use custom skins for aliens both in alien and human form. I'm really confused and frustrated by this.

Message 4 of 7 (3,744 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@cindefeplays Any patch can break something that has always worked.

CC isn't supported by EA so the cc community often knows more about what's not longer working. I'm not using custom skins myself so I can't test if this is the case for me or not.

Checking with the creators is probably the easiest way to get an answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (3,719 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having this problem too! It also seems to affect any custom body presets. I'm about to try performing the rite of dissolution, changing the skin tone, then performing the rite of ascension again and seeing if the custom skin tone stays on the sim.

Message 6 of 7 (2,404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Did you have any luck with your spell casters skin colors? This didn't start for me until about a month ago I think. Probably from an update. Any ideas to help me? Thanks! 

Message 7 of 7 (2,237 Views)