Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I can't use a custom pet

by johnr283

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't use a custom pet

★★★★ Novice

I own The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and I cant seem to add a custom pet to a household. When I use CAS to merge the pet with a household it doesn't merge. My sims faces at the bottom of the screen are grayed out and unselectable . When I hover the mouse over any of them it says "Disabled while playing with Genetics". If I try to replace the house with the pet nothing seems to happen at all.

Message 1 of 5 (158 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't use a custom pet

★★★★ Novice

I was downloading them them though the Sims Gallery in my browser. When I downloaded them through the game itself, they worked.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

@johnr283 

you must exit the genetics menu.

Message 2 of 5 (117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think I'm in the genetics menu. I'm able to add a pet the I created myself earlier but not the pets I downloaded from a certain user. I contacted the user and he suggested testingcheats true then cas.fulleditmode which didn't help me.

Message 3 of 5 (106 Views)

★ Expert

@johnr283 

If it works with other pets it seems that there is an issue with that particular Pet.

Message 4 of 5 (100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was downloading them them though the Sims Gallery in my browser. When I downloaded them through the game itself, they worked.

Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)
sims-all-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help